Subscriber Discussion

Dahua 32 Channel Nvr 4432-16p Camera Adding And Delete Process?

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Jul 06, 2016

I have a Dahua NVR 4432-16P, 32 channel with 16poe channel switch built in. I added 16 cameras plug and play. I think it started at 192.168.3.65 and as I added cams the number just went up, no issue. I added a 24 port switch to channel 16 and just plugged that camera (Channel 16) into switch worked just fine. So now were at 192.168.3.80 at number 16 camera. I added cams up to 28 by setting IPs incrementally up to 93. Then i had a issue with one cam and unplugged port 15 and 16 doing testing and now camera 15 is port 16 when it should be port 15. When you delete the camera it just reappears. Whats correct way to avoid this?

JH
John Honovich
Jul 06, 2016
IPVM

That sounds like it could be a bug or quirk in how Dahua's software / NVR is designed. Have you asked their support? It would be good to know what their take is on that.

Jon Dillabaugh
Jul 06, 2016
Pro Focus LLC

I think the issue is that Dahua NVRs will always fill the lowest numbered channel first. So, when you unplugged ch15 and then plugged in ch16, it bumped it down to fill the void of ch15. You can simply try to do the reverse now. Unplug both ch15 & ch16, then plug in ch15 first. Then plug in ch16 after that. This should rearrange them for you.

Worst case, unplug all channels, default the NVR, then plug them back in to the NVR in the preferred order.

(1)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Jul 06, 2016

Yes i spoke to tech assist and really i should have not messed around with those cams on channels 1 -16 and added switch to other network port .So on the on board switch 1-16p just add until full, cams will be addressed 192.168.3.65 to 81 then other 16 on 192.168.2.30 to 46 something like that.

BW
Brendon Welch
Jul 06, 2016

Unfortunately on Dahua products, once you connect a camera to the system it will retain its position on the screen even if you connect it to a different POE port. The only way to get the camera back to the position you desire, would be to disconnect all cameras and load defaults on camera settings. You do not need to default the entire system, just the camera settings. (Main Menu-System-Default: Check only "Camera" click apply.

When reconnecting your cameras, no matter what port you connect the camera, the channel assignments are determined by the order the cameras are connected to the system.

Hope this helps.

(2)
Jon Dillabaugh
Jul 06, 2016
Pro Focus LLC

Nice to know! Thanks Brendon.

U
Undisclosed #2
Jul 06, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Unfortunately on Dahua products, once you connect a camera to the system it will retain its position on the screen even if you connect it to a different POE port.

Wow! I have come to believe this myself as a practical matter, but didn't think it could be literally true. Thx!

Related: My Top 5 Dahua Interface Gripes

(2)
(1)
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #3
Jul 07, 2016

Sorry. Didn't mean to vote unhelpful. Accidentally clicked.

(1)
Jon Dillabaugh
Jul 07, 2016
Pro Focus LLC

You can simply click it again to unvote it.

(1)
U
Undisclosed #2
Jul 07, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Didn't mean to vote unhelpful. Accidentally clicked

Actually, it's fine; it makes me feel controversial. I showed my wife, now she thinks I'm an Internet b@d@ss :)

(1)
Jon Dillabaugh
Jul 07, 2016
Pro Focus LLC

You misspelled jack...

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions