Subscriber Discussion

Customized Camera Domes And Mounts

ET
Emily Trzaska
Aug 18, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Does anyone have experience with purchasing or knows of a manufacuturer for customized camera mounts and domes that could be used at heritage building locations. Preferably in Canada? I'm currently working on a project for exterior camera installations that requires camera some and mount customization in order to fit in the heritage design of the building?

Brian Rhodes
Aug 18, 2016
IPVMU Certified

In the past, some members have mentioned they've worked with general construction trades who specialize in historical/heritage properties to modify existing stock mounts.

I remember one situation where a member asked the plasterer to 'hide' a bullet camera along a wall, and they found a way to cement trim molding to the housing and blended paint to match.

With that in mind, there are a number of modular/covert cameras that can be hidden away behind walls with only small image sensor and lens unit to be exposed.

Take the Axis F Series as just one example:

Hal Bennick
Aug 18, 2016
Trafficware, a CUBIC Company

Not Canadian, but Wren does a good job.

http://www.wrensolutions.com/

UE
Undisclosed End User #1
Aug 20, 2016

I am also looking for such solutions. Brian you mentioned previous threads, can you help with some titles or links?

Specificy I am looking for gas light type parapet mount that would look natural on the side of a 1950 to 1960 era building.

Brian Rhodes
Aug 21, 2016
IPVMU Certified

The particular conversation I recall was on the old IPVM LinkedIn group page, which predates the discussion forum here and I do not think is available any longer.

In some cases, you may be able to modify an existing fixture to receive a camera.

Also, do you have an example model or style picture? Other members might have ideas based on seeing an example?

U
Undisclosed #2
Aug 22, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Send Pelco a picture...

UE
Undisclosed End User #1
Aug 25, 2016

I agree Pelco does a very nice job with paint matching and helping cameras blend in. In terms of exterior mounts looking historical and blending in that way is my challenge.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions