Subscriber Discussion

Customer Requests "Reading Material" To Understand Cameras Before Making A Decision

Nick Roberie
Feb 23, 2018

I've got a customer who is hoping to somewhat educate himself on cameras before looking into quotes for camera systems.

We all know there's a big brave world of information about cameras out there, but I'm hoping some of you guys might have some suggestions or documents that could help me illustrate the important bits. 

I don't want to get into pixel density and PPF, but I'd like to have a graphic of some sort that can show picture quality between 2MP/4MP/4k or something similar.

I'd also like to have him be informed of the differences between TVI and IP. 

Any other recommendations on what info might aid me in this process would be greatly appreciated.

Jason Neubauer
Feb 23, 2018
IPVMU Certified

Do you have previous projects that you can show him from an app on your phone?

Maybe take a screen shot and print a 8.5x11 color photo of different cameras you installed???

If the job is worth it - bring him a demo.  We installed (hid the wire above the ceiling) and let the customer demo in her space for a week.  We won the bid and was more expensive than the other guy.

(1)
Brian Rhodes
Feb 24, 2018
IPVMU Certified

You can share a link to the IPVM Calculator with him.  Even the free/non member version can give him a sense of how resolution can impact what can 'be seen' in terms of 2MP/4MP/4K etc in the 'Simulated Person' preview images:

(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions