Subscriber Discussion

Custom Video Displays - Issue With Mix Of Existing OEM Hikvision And Branded Hikvision

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Apr 21, 2018

I have a property that had existing OEM Hik product and wanted to expand/fix some things. So we came up with a solution using some Hik and some OEM Hik products and a Hik Decoder to create custom screen outputs throughout the property.

Long story short, the decoder was working great with the old TVI products, but not any of the new IP stuff. Then after updating the HVRs firmware we lost everything. Hik won't help because it's not 100% Hik (Even though the signalling is, but don't get me started). So I tried setting up a server with multiple displays and iVMS 4200, no good, to many issues. Then I tried the same thing with iSpy, worked better but still issues. There are no manuals or case studies to reference, and Hik can't answer my most basic questions, not to mention that the support line just hangs up after waiting a minute.

Does anyone have experience with this type of request, and what did you use to achieve it?

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #2
Apr 21, 2018

They block / limit some of the oem and grey market Hik stuff. Never a good idea mixing their crap. 

Have you tried resorting to the raw RTSP stream? Hik has a fairly consistent command line to get a raw rtsp out of most products products, oem or branded. 

UM
Apr 21, 2018

Examples below.

Main Stream
rtsp://192.168.1.100:554/Streaming/Channels/101/
rtsp://admin:examplepass123!@192.168.1.100:554/Streaming/Channels/101/

Sub Stream
rtsp://192.168.1.100:554/Streaming/Channels/102/
rtsp://admin:examplepass123!@192.168.1.100:554/Streaming/Channels/102

(1)
UI
Apr 22, 2018

I have no problem getting the raw streams, I just need a solution to custom pick certain cameras to display onto certain displays, usually a mix from two or more recorders. Video distribution isn't a problem.

U
Undisclosed #3
Apr 22, 2018

Google Chrome Cast?

UI
Apr 22, 2018

I really thought someone else has setup.custom displays before. It can't be that uncommon. No suggestions?

UM
Apr 22, 2018

I guess I’m not really clear as to what you’re trying to do. 

Are you trying to setup public view monitors throughout the property? 

Perhaps you can provide a little more detail since I’m being slow today. 

JH
Jay Hobdy
Apr 22, 2018
IPVMU Certified

All we know is you want to do custom screen outputs throughout the property. But you have not given much more detail. How many NVR's/DVR's, how many cameras, how many monitors, what is the desired view on each monitor?

(1)
UI
Apr 22, 2018

There are four recorders, a mix of tvi and IP. There will be a mix of monitors containing cameras from multiple recorders on each screen. I wanted to use each output of the decoder to accomplish this, but that has proven to be difficult. Perhaps I will just have to use a server for each display with a dedicated ivms customized.

UM
Apr 23, 2018

And you tried using the RTSP stream i showed above, pulling the stream from the Hik recorders, and still can’t get it to work? 

For the TVI cameras you have to go to the recorder for the stream as the TVI cameras don’t generate their own stream until they are encoded at the recorder. 

UI
Apr 25, 2018

The Hikvision Decoder doesn't ask for stream sources, It's controlled through the iVMS4200 Video Wall Controller Software. Interfacing with the TVI DVR's was working flawlessly, but I could not get the IP NVR to decode. After a firmware update on the DVR's, decoding stopped. Downgraded to older firmware with only a partial success. Some of the IP Cameras are Hikvision Brand and still do not decode.

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #4
Apr 23, 2018

I am a huge fan of this device for exactly what you are asking to do.

Senstar - thin client

It does not require the VMS software, and connects directly to the camera stream to accomplish what you are asking it to do.  POE powered, HDMI output.

(1)
UI
Apr 25, 2018

Thanks for the suggestion. I have requested additional information from the company.

UI
May 07, 2018

So much for Senstar, must not be itching for new clients. Never got a response from them. Looks like im just going to have to setup custom computers running iVMS with custom outputs. 

MM
Michael Miller
May 07, 2018

What info do you need? There decoder works great.  Just order one to test.

AH
Anthony Hackett
May 07, 2018

Sorry we somehow missed you.  Feel free to contact me directly:  ahackett@senstar.com - Anthony Hackett

UM
May 07, 2018

You’re missing something. 

I’ve done what you’re asking with the decoders you have. I Confirmed with Hik that it is still possible. 

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #5
May 07, 2018

Use only the newer decoder 6908.....

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions