Subscriber Discussion

Wireless Cube Camera Not Working

PH
Phillip Hartel
Feb 28, 2014
IPVMU Certified

My camera is not displaying in wireless mode. It works fine with the RJ45 cable attached. What did I miss?

JH
John Honovich
Mar 01, 2014
IPVM

It sounds like its a basic wireless connectivity issue.

• Have you configured the correct wireless network in the camera's setup?
  • Is the camera within range of the wireless network?
  • Can you even ping the camera's IP from your laptop when it is in wireless mode?
PH
Phillip Hartel
Mar 04, 2014
IPVMU Certified

Hello John

I am able to ping the camera when it's wireless? Won't go live from ZVIEWER console.... WIFI is enabled. Is there a reboot sequence I'm messing up?

JH
John Honovich
Mar 04, 2014
IPVM

"I am able to ping the camera when it's wireless?"

So you can ping it? I am not sure because you have a question mark at the end of the sentence.

If you can ping it, can you load the camera's web interface by entering the IP address in a web browser?

PH
Phillip Hartel
Mar 04, 2014
IPVMU Certified

Yeah my bad with the question mark. Yes I can ping the device from the cmd promt... 4 packets sent, 4 packets received. Inserted IP # for cam into web browser but couldn't display. Funny thing is got it working 3 weeks ago but then moved it and now no go.

JH
John Honovich
Mar 04, 2014
IPVM

Did you set a static IP address for the camera or are you using DHCP? I just want to make sure you are not accidently pinging another device.

JH
John Honovich
Mar 04, 2014
IPVM

Oh, and when you say ZVIEWER, is this a ZMODO camera? Those are not the highest quality / reliability ones (though they are incredibly inexpensvie).

PH
Phillip Hartel
Mar 04, 2014
IPVMU Certified

It is in fact a ZMODO camera and it finally came online via wireless. The only way I can get it to work via wireless is to configure using the cam id rather than an ip address... weird?

I may have been pinging the wrong ip address... upon configuring using cam id method, i noticed an additional ip address assigned to the camera along with and different from the ip address assigned to it previously. DHCP not enabled.

Very inexpensive cam... $79

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions