Subscriber Discussion

Cube Camera For Residential Interior

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Nov 12, 2017

We are looking for a small 3-4mp camera for an interior residential install. It will need to work with Milestone but other than that it can be pretty basic. So far the cube camera form factor fits the bill but they don't seem to be discussed much.  The more discrete the better but the client is not looking to spend a ton of money. 

U
Undisclosed #2
Nov 12, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Here’s 4, don’t know if they work with Milestone, but at least 3 are ONVIF.

JH
John Honovich
Nov 12, 2017
IPVM

One constraint is going to be that there are not a lot of options for 3MP or higher cube cameras. Our Camera Finder shows 5 results - 2 ACTi, 3 Hikvision models. We certainly could be missing a few but I am pretty confident there is not a lot.

There are many quite small mini domes. Our Camera Finder can search by size and these are the 85 smallest dome cameras that support 3MP to 4MP.

Hope this helps. I think domes are going to be more discrete generally but those are some options on both cube and dome.

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #3
Nov 13, 2017

Not the cheapest, but the ideal design and covers every option: 

https://www.axis.com/sg/en/products/axis-m1065-lw/support-and-documentation

JH
John Honovich
Nov 13, 2017
IPVM

covers every option

Note, that Axis cube camera is 1080p, but requester asked for 3 to 4MP. Axis does not currently list any cubes over 1080p.

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #3
Nov 13, 2017

Oh yes you are correct I meant in terms of camera options, it does not do 3 to 4 however it does cover every other option you could Probably want in an indoor residential camera.

The corner mount, built-in PIR, two-way audio and night vision is ideal and what I would install if I was "allowed" to install them in my own house over the increased resolution of 3 to 4 megapixels.

There are plenty of Cubes that have all these features built-in but the differentiator on this one is it's Corner mountable.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions