Subscriber Discussion

Weird Hikvision Install Issues With 77xx NVR And 3MP DS-2132 Cameras

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Jan 19, 2017

The last 2-3 installs have been fully populated 7716 NVR's with 16 cameras.  Two installs had 5-6 cameras wired to a remote POE switch and that switch was cabled to one of the empty camera ports on the back of the NVR.  For some reason, on both installs, the mouse lags severely when operating from the console.  Seems to act like a processor related issue.  The cursor will freeze for several seconds and then jump to wherever the mouse had been moved. Very annoying when trying to input a password, or some other text with the mouse.   Also noticed it was dropping a camera or two from live view and saying "no resource" on some when  you try to full screen.  I lowered the resolution from 3mpxl to 1080p on all the cameras and the missing cameras came back up! This seems odd and troubling to me.  Anyone else experienced anything like this?  The 77xx models are supposed to be a little more robust than the 76xx models.  

On a 3rd install a few months back, it only had 11 cameras and ran into the same issue and they were all direct wired to the internal POE ports. 

2nd, on the last install, we had brand new cameras that somehow activated themselves with some unknown password.  I can only assume that they  were plugged into poe on the NVR prior to us activating the NVR with a unique password.  It was a major pain to have to manually go around to each camera and factory reset them with the reset button to allow them to get activated by the  activated NVR.  Is there a better way to avoid this in the future?

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #2
Jan 20, 2017

I have experienced the freezing on one of my nvrs as well. I upgraded the firmware per tech but it did not help. I havent spent anymore time on it to try and fix but I have no solution for you on that. I would aim for a replacement maybe. 

The no resource is related to mismatched output on the tv and recorder or something like that. I play with the output settings until it shows up proper. 

(1)
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #3
Jan 20, 2017

What frame and bit rates are you set at? Is the aggregate camera bandwidth greater than the NVR's throughput?  

Very scary that the cameras "auto-activated".  Is the NVR networked?  If yes, I'd keep an eye on outbound traffic to see if it is "phoning home".  

UI
Jan 20, 2017

all cameras are 3mp value series domes. Frame rate is likely 15 f/s or less. Not sure on bit rate but I can assure you it it not exceeding its limit. 

Auto activating is normal on older firmware. Plug them directly into the built in poe and they automatically show up.

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #3
Jan 20, 2017

Older firmware was also the source of so many of their network security flaws, no?

UI
Jan 20, 2017

I believe so, but before you or anyone goes and says that is related to the lagging, this particular system is not, nor has it ever been connected to the internet. 

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Jan 20, 2017

These are all new cameras running 5.3 firmware.  They require activation with a complex password as newer cameras do. Some of these actually showed up on SADP already activated and the password we gave the new NVR did not match it.  Have no idea how they self activated, but our complex password would not work.  

These cameras were set at the NVR default which is to record continuous, variable bit rate and I think 15 fps.  We didn't touch anything initially on the default settings. The lag is a major concern, because it is very annoying.  Like every 10 seconds when you're moving the mouse around.  I factory defaulted the NVR 3 times and reinstalled cameras.  Initially, no lag, but as I added more cameras the lag continued.  I haven't noticed this issue on an 8 channel, but very concerned about these 16 channels.

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #4
Jan 20, 2017

Try to set CBR 3Mbit/s on main stream, 512Kbit/s on sub stream.
It's should be fix this problem.
Setup in console if cameras and NVR are the same brand.
If not the same. Use browser connected to each cameras to setup.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions