Subscriber Discussion

Connecting Main Stream From Dahua XVR To TWO Devices Simultaneously

RK
Rashid Khan
Apr 15, 2017

Connecting main stream from Dahua XVR to TWO devices simultaneously.

Scenario is:

Analogue cameras connected to Dahua XVR which is used only as an encoder (disk-less) to a Milestone NVR where all 16 channels are recorded via the main stream and the XVR also connected to a Dahua M30 Video Wall Controller.

Can i use the channel main stream on the Milestone NVR & Dahua Video Wall Controller M30 from the XVR simultaneously? or must i use the sub-stream to the Video Wall Controller which would be of a lower resolution.

U
Undisclosed #1
Apr 15, 2017

Usually it should be decided by your XVR's network stream upload ability(Sorry,English is not my native language,so maybe there is more professional words to call these).

Entry level DVR's stream upload ability would be around 36Mbps~40Mbps,so if each channel's mainstream you setup with 2Mbps,that means you can visit max 18~20channels.

Different levels of XVR should have the different ability.To make sure it support You can test like in the following way:

1.Prepare a XVR DVR,make sure you connect all the 16channels with cameras.

2.Prepare two PC in the same LAN network as XVR.

3.Visit the XVR's website using two PC at the same time,both open the 16channels at the same time.see if both PC are ok to visit the DVR at the same time for long time.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions