I am looking for a solution that is cloud managed, but not cloud storage. Our clients typically have internet connections with slow upload speeds, so a fully cloud based solution (where all video is stored in the cloud and not locally onsite) probably would not work well. This will change over time as more clients get better internet connections, so I am not opposed to something that has an additional cloud backup storage option. But cloud managed is my main focus. Once we initially install a system and get it online, assuming the sites internet is up, we should always be able to access it remotely to do maintenance and updates for our clients.
We want something that:
- Has premade NVR's with HDs and PoE built in. These NVR's need to be cloud managed and maintained. No need to setup port forwards, Static IPs, DynDNS, download an os and install on a pc, etc.
- Ideally these NVR’s need to be cost competitive.Our typical clients are SMB and under 16 cameras, so we are looking for lower cost offerings. Most cloud storage companies are priced per camera per month, and we are trying to avoid that if possible.
- Support 3rd party cameras that are ONVIF. Cloud managed NVR should ideally be able to upgrade these camera’s firmware remotely. The cameras we want to support use H.264+, H.265, or H.265+. So no only H.264 options please.
- Has awesome smartphone applications that is easy for the client to set up on their own. Basically go to the app store, download this app, and put in your username and password, and see all you cameras. Supports push notifications.
- A integrator dashboard of some sort where my techs can see all of our clients DVRs, and drill down into them as we receive support calls. Not separate logins for each ones, or siloed systems.
So far I have found the following that I think might be a good fit:
- Alarm.com: We use this solution today, and like it for small clients. When you put an SVR onsite in records live video locally, and then motion activated clips are sent to cloud for backup. The downside to alarm.com is their limited camra selection. I basically want something like alarm.com but with support for 3rd party cameras. Their biggest SVR is only 2TB which can be limiting. They cameras also support only 1080P max, and don’t support audio except for a couple of indoor 2-way options.
- Avigilon Blue. Seems like what I am looking for. I am awaiting pricing, but they are not known to be low cost.
- Eagle Eye: However, there solution seems to want to store to the cloud, and require a price per camera. They do offer a M10 On-Premise Eagle Eye CMVR that stores the video onsite, but their core focus seems to be all cloud based.
-NX Witness though Digital Watchdog Spectrum or Wave by Hanwha: This solution has recommended online, but I can’t seem to understand or find much information about it. Does it meet the requirements above? Who should be buy it through? I heard they don’t support push notifications but are working on it. Do they have premade NVR’s or do you have to build your own?
-OpenEye: Seems to be a good fit from what I can tell. They don’t seem to support H.265 though, but maybe that is coming down the road.
These are others I have found, but don’t think they would be a good fit or am not sure:
- Exacqvision: I see they bought SmartVue. I am not sure which of their platforms best fits my needs. Do they have multiple platforms?
- Verkada has been mentioned. I like the concept of each camera is its on NVR with storage onboard, but I think this forces you to buy only their cameras. 3rd party support is one of the biggest things we want. I don’t want to be stuck to one brand of cameras. So I don’t think this is a good fit.
-Arcules: This seems to be Milestone’s cloud spin off. Priced per camera per month, so not a good fit.
Genetec Stratocast: Seems to only support Axis cameras, so no 3rd party support. No thanks.
Orchid VMS- Seem to be nice. Has a free option. But no prebuilt hardware appliances nor poe.
Anything else I should look at? Recommendations?