Subscriber Discussion

Clearvision DVR Series Cards For PC?

UE
Undisclosed End User #1
Aug 04, 2017

Has anyone had experience with Clearvision DVR cards for PCs?  Example: Model CV-DVR1480-32R

I can't even seem to find this item on the internet, though a vendor is recommending it to me. It would be used in a commercial industrial setting at 30fps at a high activity level. 

A similar item is available but under a different manufacture and part number:

JH
John Honovich
Aug 04, 2017
IPVM

Do you want to plug a capture card into your own PC / machine?

I ask because, a decade or more ago, when prices were far higher, some people bought those cards and did that. Now that prices are so much lower and performance is overall much higher, the typical approach is to buy appliances (whether it is low cost ones like Hikvision or higher cost ones like Exacq, etc.).

As for Clearvision, even after searching online and our archives for them, not sure who they are.

a vendor is recommending it to me

I do not get a good feeling about this. That type of component is typically quite old and since there is little information online, it suggests that the vendor is mistaken.

(1)
(1)
UE
Undisclosed End User #1
Aug 04, 2017

Not particularly.. Specification was for an analog DVR.

JH
John Honovich
Aug 04, 2017
IPVM

Specification was for an analog DVR.

If you or they want an analog DVR, get an analog DVR, just pick the best hardware and software feature sets for your needs.

A capture card would be a weird / antiquated way to accomplish this.

(1)
UE
Undisclosed End User #1
Aug 04, 2017

I concur, have not seen one for a long time but wanted to check incase I was missing something.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions