Subscriber Discussion

Checkvideo Experiences?

Val Ramirez
Feb 28, 2017
IPVMU Certified

I've been looking at the CheckVideo solution that is cloud based. So far I'm impressed with the capabilities and ease of use.  Has anyone had any experience with this vendor and your thoughts on the product? Thanks in advance, Val  

DW
David Westberry
Feb 28, 2017
IPVMU Certified

We have a large auto dealership on the Check Video solution. In fact we were a beta for their 4g offering on this site, which I believe has changed now. This client is one of the case studies they list. We tried Geuterbruk first here with very poor results.

The product is good, support is good.  Still have issues with rain and headlights but I don't think any analytics out there are immune to those environments.

If what they offer fits your budget I don't think you'd be dissatisfied.

(1)
(2)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Mar 01, 2017

Checkvideo is a great product if you don't need two way audio.  Make sure to use external IR lighting to decrease false alarms due to insects.

JH
John Honovich
Mar 01, 2017
IPVM

David, #1, are you having them / Kastle monitor / manage the video analytic alert responses? We've tested CheckVideo before they were acquired by Kastle, back then it was DIY / Archerfish. How does CheckVideo work these days?

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Mar 01, 2017

John,

You can use a Central Station for monitoring.  In our case we use them when videofied sends too many false alarms.  The notifications are sent to our patrol officers so they can respond.   If more accurate analytics need to be used and two way audio is needed we use a Rialto or Mobotix.

DW
David Westberry
Mar 03, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Yes it is monitored through AMCEST. It has been deployed for years now and the client has been satisfied the whole time. CheckVideo has brought out a number of newer IP cam offerings that we have yet to test. The stuff we have is all analog encoder style with several 3g units.

I would love to see a report on their current offerings.

(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions