Subscriber Discussion

CES 2021 Las Vegas Canceled, What Happens To ISC West 2021?

Just got an email that CES2021 is going virtual:

IPVM Image

I think a lot of manufacturers are going to wind up getting addicted to these trade-show savings in the marketing budget.

NOTICE: This comment was moved from an existing discussion: ISC West 2020 Finally Cancelled

Agree: 2
Disagree
Informative: 4
Unhelpful
Funny

Thanks, I made this its own post. So CES 2021 is in Vegas just 2 months before scheduled ISC West 2021. What happens to that?

Agree: 3
Disagree
Informative
Unhelpful
Funny

So CES 2021 is in Vegas just 2 months before scheduled ISC West 2021. What happens to that?

maybe we should just give ISC West a break, here they have plenty of options, for instance they could just

do nothing until mid-March and then simply reschedule abruptly until a non-specific mid July date, and only if they receive vigorous pushback, they could further extend their iconic show into early Autumn by going underground, all the while keeping excitement at a fever pitch by refusing some refunds, granting a few others, until and unless they are hit with an overly hostile reaction, when they could begrudgingly plan a majestic virtual show to the delight of virtually no one.

so they got options.

Agree
Disagree
Informative
Unhelpful
Funny: 6

So ISC West is Bill Murray in Groundhog Day?

Agree
Disagree
Informative
Unhelpful
Funny: 2

So ISC West is Bill Murray in Groundhog Day?

Right actor, but I'm thinking a different movie.

IPVM Image

Agree
Disagree
Informative
Unhelpful
Funny: 2

I don't plan on being on an airplane again this year. Post vaccine I will reconsider.

Agree: 1
Disagree
Informative: 1
Unhelpful
Funny