Subscriber Discussion

CCTV Lens Finder App Alternative?

JP
Jonathan Pezold
Oct 07, 2014

Is there a new lens finder app for ip cameras? There was a 2 years ago CCTV Lens Finder App Tested but it is no longer available in Apples App Store.... A app like this would be very handy since it seems we sell more fixed lens ip cameras.

JH
John Honovich
Oct 07, 2014
IPVM

Jonathan, I checked the app store and cannot find an alternative.

Btw, the big problem with such apps is that iPhone / iPad cameras are typically no more than 53°. This is a big practical problem since most fixed lens IP cameras are between 70° and 120°, making an iPhone lens app not very useful.

Btw, you can use our various scenes (intersection, hallway, lobby, entrances, etc.) and FoV preview tool in our Camera Calculator to estimate / project any FoV from 1° to 180°.

We'd still like phones to be able to simulate in real time but until / unless phones support wide angle lenses, that will be a big limitation.

JH
Jim Hall
Oct 08, 2014

Give this one a gander. It's called setmycamera.

You have to dig a bit to find the cctv imagers, but they're in there. As for the 53 degree limitation, there are a whole mess of a magnetic wide-angle add-on kits for i-devices you could give a whirl, though i haven't the faintest idea on how to inform the software about your new angle.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions