Subscriber Discussion

Specification For 1/1.3" CMOS Sensor Camera

IH
Irwin Hutajulu
May 07, 2017

I'm willing to submit an offer from procurement held by state owned company in my country. One of the spesification they are asking is 1/1,3 inch cmos sensor.

Can anyone give a suggestion brand and type I should offer?

Thanks,

JH
John Honovich
May 07, 2017
IPVM

Irwin, do you want CMOS sensors that are 1/3" or 1/1.3"?

I ask this because lots of cameras have 1/3" CMOS sensors but I am not aware of any that have 1/1.3". A 1/1.3" sensor camera may exist but that's a very uncommon size. There are a fair number of 1/1.7", 1/1.8", 1/1.9" etc cameras but I don't know any that are 1/1.3"

Let us know. Also, if you can copy what the offer / requirement is, that would help us help you.

IH
Irwin Hutajulu
May 07, 2017

"Min 1/ 1.3 – inch  Progressive Scan CMOS"

that's the spesification they are asking...

JH
John Honovich
May 07, 2017
IPVM

Irwin,

"Smart Stream II" is a marketing term for Vivotek so they either explicitly want Vivotek or unknowingly copied a Vivotek specification.

As for the image device sensor size, looks like they made a typo. I am pretty sure they mean minimum 1/3" sensor, which would make sense, since almost all 1080p cameras are now are 1/3" or bigger (like 1/2.9" or 1/2.8", etc.). I would submit a question / request for clarification to confirm.

(3)
U
Undisclosed #2
May 07, 2017
IPVMU Certified

I am not aware of any that have 1/1.3"...

It seems a common typo for some reason.  At least on this one maybe they borrowed the 1.3 from the resolution.

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
May 07, 2017

Vivotek-FD8367-V-Specification

looks like this one?

JH
John Honovich
May 07, 2017
IPVM

That Vivotek model is close but horizontal FoV is 35° ~ 99° (Horizontal) whereas the specification calls for 35 - 78 horizontal.

(1)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
May 07, 2017

I should have pointed out the similarity, not so much the actual model.  The first clue was "smart stream" although that had me thinking Dahua.  

Once I searched that and found Vivotek promoting it, then onto 1/1.3 and 48x zoom.  That led to a link for a specification site I didn't want to promote, so I just grabbed the closest that was quickly available like any tech would do ;)

My motto "My work is poor, but I do it slowly"

U
Undisclosed #2
May 07, 2017
IPVMU Certified

What's the lens size in the spec?

You should be able to calculate the sensor size from that using the view angle.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions