Subscriber Discussion

CCTV Design Tools

UD
Undisclosed Distributor #1
Mar 16, 2017

How many of them use the CCTV design Tools ? And what design tools u use ? 

(1)
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #2
Mar 16, 2017

I've been using the Professional version of the IP Video System Design Tool by JVSG.  The tool has matured well over the years.

(1)
U
Undisclosed #3
Mar 16, 2017

I have found working in visio, combined with the calculation power of excel I can work in scale off of most floorplans; the end result is I receive a deeper understanding of all the mechanics, mathematics and configurations needed to manifest the concept into an application that speaks on behalf of the design. After a bit of stumbling I have learned even more from my mistakes and found new ways to transfer my knowledge into scopes of work which now sound more like and application scope/theory. This ability to translate to laymen's terms when dealing with customers and sales reps aids tremendously for those that may not grasp the technical intricacies of seeing the big solution down to the simple design. It is a slow take off at first however once you have accrued a library(time spent engineering using these tools) life becomes a lot easier when it comes time to reap what you sow. Using the other software tools on the market is also a huge value and you will gain perspectives on how other's accomplish the same tasks. Visio is $299 and as far as excel....YOU SHOULD ALREADY HAVE EXCEL!  Good Luck!

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #4
Mar 17, 2017

System/Network Structure : Edraw max
Floorplan (I do much less then network structure) : SketchUp

Use Sketchup can easy to create 3D floorplan in AVI animation. First time I use sketchup. 3d animation of floorplan with correct scale in 2 hours.
Easy to learn. You can download a lot of models from 3D warehouse created by other users and it is FREE.

It's made by Google so it is awesome. Mic drop. (OK. It's made by @Last Software and Google acquired it)

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions