Subscriber Discussion

CCTV Certification

UD
Undisclosed Distributor #1
Feb 28, 2017

Hi all.I am from middle east . i want to do certification course in CCTV which can be accepted world wide. could you name any certification course on CCTV which can be accepted internationally .

Armando Perez
Feb 28, 2017
Hoosier Security and Security Owners Group • IPVMU Certified

depends entirely on who you want to accept it...

JH
John Honovich
Feb 28, 2017
IPVM

I don't think there is anything truly recognized 'worldwide' for CCTV.

If you want manufacturer recognition, go to your preferred manufacturer for training.

If you want the most up to date information, read the IPVM book or take the IPVM course / certification.

UD
Mar 01, 2017

Hi . We are using the AVTECH CCTV. AVTECH does not offer any training in CCTV.  

So ,i was planning to do certification for other manufacturers of CCTV. Like AXIS or Avigilon. 

Does certification in a specific CCTV manufacturer really matters ?

JH
John Honovich
Mar 01, 2017
IPVM

Does certification in a specific CCTV manufacturer really matters?

It matters if you use that manufacturer, e.g., I believe Axis now requires some certifications for certain partner / discount levels.

As an Avtech distributor does it make sense to get Axis certification? Maybe if you compete against them and their training come to your city. Check their class list here.

Do you want to learn primarily or do you want some form of recognition?

UD
Mar 01, 2017

As i am member of IPVM, i am able to learn many things from their regular post and courses. As i already completed the IP NETWORKING and CAMERA Course .  Now , i want to move towards certification . 

JH
John Honovich
Mar 01, 2017
IPVM

If you completed and passed the IP Networking and Camera Course, you get certification. I recommend you list that certification as many other certified IPVM members do on LinkedIn, etc.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions