Subscriber Discussion

Recommendations For Commercial Grade CO Detectors With Genetec?

UE
Undisclosed End User #1
Mar 24, 2019

Has anyone installed carbon monoxide detectors connected to VMS for alerts and reporting?   I am looking for this product with integration to Genetec if exists.

Thanks

Brian Rhodes
Mar 24, 2019
IPVMU Certified

I believe this type of integration usually is done via an intrusion panel integration with Genetec.  They support Bosch, Honeywell Galaxy and several other panel brands.

PH
PERRY HUDSON
Mar 25, 2019

When you say "alerts and reporting" this implies Life safety functions and standards compliance.

If this is the case you would likely need a Listed Fire Alarm Control Panel to monitor the device and provide you output(s) to the VMS.

(1)
UE
Undisclosed End User #1
Mar 30, 2019

Thank you both

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #2
Mar 31, 2019

Your title might be a little misleading.  When that’s all I read I thought you were talking about residential use.  After seeing Genetec, that changed the message.   Are you thinking about these type systems?

Garage gas detection

I don’t work for them but have designed these type products into below ground parking structures for methane and other gas detection. 

UE
Undisclosed End User #1
Apr 01, 2019

Thank you for replying.  Sorry about the misleading subject line.

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #2
Apr 01, 2019

No apologies needed, I believe with a better subject line you will get more responses. 

Brian Rhodes
Apr 01, 2019
IPVMU Certified

I updated the subject title, but let me know if I should change it further.

(1)
UE
Undisclosed End User #1
Apr 02, 2019

Thanks Brian.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions