Subscriber Discussion

Can You ID This Camera?

Armando Perez
Dec 01, 2016
Hoosier Security and Security Owners Group • IPVMU Certified

Weve been asked to do a takeover. IP Cameras, installed by a one man show, they are unhappy with service. They have no idea what they have, and Im having toruble getting any info myself.

Can anyone ID this camera?

No visible reset button, no apparent MAC address, not sure if the electrical tape over the IR's is OEM or aftermarket...

Any help is appreciated, and will earn you a shiny new heartfelt thank you.

SR
Samuel Rodgers
Dec 01, 2016

No idea on the camera, but you should be able to find out the MAC by plugging it into a laptop with wireshark and running the trace

(1)
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #1
Dec 02, 2016

Not exactly the answer you might be looking for but a step closer: https://www.facebook.com/gmsecuritech/

Armando Perez
Dec 02, 2016

Oh.

Wow.

Mark Jones
Dec 02, 2016

http://addresscustomerservicecenternumber.com/Address-Contact-Number-of-GM-Securitech-in-Faridabad-7539/K3L/

Phone +(91)-(129)-4118835
Mobile +(91)-7503344550, +(91)-8800794200

I think they are out of business. Good Luck.

Armando Perez
Dec 02, 2016

Yeah, if this is the "manufacturer" we will be recommending a full camera swap.

Jon Dillabaugh
Dec 02, 2016
Pro Focus LLC

The body of that dome is very similar to some sold by Sean @ Nellys, but that could be a dead end too. Sometimes one company makes dome shells for hundreds of "manufacturers".

Armando Perez
Dec 02, 2016

It's a very strange housing. sealed at the bottom, but the dome itself is not sealed and spins freely (along with the camera inside). has that strange cutout in the side and a conduit plug that goes into an unsealed compartment.

I'll give Sean a shout and see if he has any clue.

This particular camera isn't showing up on my network or any scans, so it may be dead or unresponsive and may have to take another trip to the site to grab another.

Jon Dillabaugh
Dec 02, 2016
Pro Focus LLC

http://www.nellyssecurity.com/cameras/hi-def-cameras/hd-cvi/720p/escvi-720p-dmvf2.html

This is the camera with the same housing. It's a 720p CVI dome, so may be unrelated. Maybe the same. IDK.

U
Undisclosed #2
Dec 02, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Maybe the same.

How can it be the same camera as an IP camera?

Jon Dillabaugh
Dec 02, 2016
Pro Focus LLC

Maybe the same manufacturer...

Armando Perez
Dec 02, 2016

That is the exact same housing. Thank you so much Jon! This atleast gives me a place to start.

U
Undisclosed #2
Dec 02, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Does this look the same?

There's no real detail on on indiamart worth mentioning, except its claiming Indian origin.

Related: Where Are The Indian Cameras?

Armando Perez
Dec 02, 2016

Not at all from this angle. I'll snap some more pics, there's a slot about an inch and a half wide that the camera slides onto the camera bracket on, then the camera housing itself is a two piece metal deal.

That cam looks plastic.

SP
Sean Patton
Dec 02, 2016

The sticker looks oddly like the logo for g4s, and they use Amag cameras from what I've read, but I dont know if they make their own or OEM (probably OEM something)

U
Undisclosed #3
Dec 02, 2016

Interestingly close to the G4S logo - but the font is wrong and it's not quite the same.

Armando Perez
Dec 02, 2016

finally got a mac.

26:1b:0a:69:e7:2a

No reference manufacturer I can find.

JH
John Honovich
Dec 02, 2016
IPVM

I tried OUI lookup as well and it returned no match. That's pretty surprising.

U
Undisclosed #2
Dec 02, 2016
IPVMU Certified

You won't find 26 anything in any OUI lookup because it's got the U/L bit set to 1, or self-assigned. Haven't seen this in a camera either.

Armando Perez
Dec 02, 2016

Thanks for the help everyone.

At this point, we are recommending a complete camera change. It doesnt make sense to try to use these and risk the cost of time and materials to make it work, maybe, when we can provide a reasonable replacement with a quoted price and control quality and warranty and reduce risk of disappointment.

U
Undisclosed #2
Dec 02, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Not that it helps, but I can ID the POE module in the camera:

I bought mine from Wavek in downtown Shenzhen:

They're pretty junky, but if you buy a few you get a free camera!

Game Over: I Just Got a Free IP Camera From China

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions