Subscriber Discussion

Can Hik Smart Series Cams Trigger Or Respond To An HTTP Call?

BE
Brian Elias
Oct 09, 2015

Does anyone know if it's possible to configure a Hik Smart Series camera (for example the DS-2CD4526FWD-IZ) to call an HTTP URL as an event action (i.e. on motion detection)?

Also, is there anything similar to Axis VAPIX for Hik cameras? Can I trigger something like sending an email with images by an HTTP call?

Thanks.

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Oct 09, 2015

Hi Brian,

I myself have tried to do something like this in the past with a Hik 4xxx - I was not successful in doing it on-board the camera.

What I did manage to do was create an event in my VMS software to perform the task. Are asking about doing it on-board because you are not using a VMS?

I think a Hik rep or two are on this board - maybe you can send them a feature request?

(1)
U
Undisclosed #2
Oct 10, 2015
IPVMU Certified

It shouldn't be a problem. Hik a cgi xml based API. Here is a PDF outlining the various calls. This is a page from the document showing how to setup the call back.

(2)
(2)
BE
Brian Elias
Oct 11, 2015

Thanks for the link...very helpful. I wasn't aware Hik had that type of API at all. Getting tougher and tougher to justify using Axis every day.

(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions