Subscriber Discussion

Cameras Have Strange Noise On Them That Appears And Disappers

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Mar 05, 2015

Noise

Here are 2 comparison shots of when the noise is there and when it goes away. It cycles through this in around 30 seconds (gradually appearing more and more). Cameras are Hikvision 3MP IR domes. The network they are on isn't the best (20 Mbps down, 4.5 Mbps up). Any ideas?

Ethan Ace
Mar 05, 2015

What is the frame rate and what's the I-frame interval (it may be listed as GOP or GOV also)?

That looks like artifacting from a too-long I-frame interval, especially if it's happening very regularly.

Check out ~3:12 in this video from our I-frame vs. P-frame test, where we show artifacts behind the moving train, then clear at the next I-frame.

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Mar 05, 2015

I-frame intervals are set to 100. For some reason, the clarity of the camera was negatively affected by lower I-frame intervals. I'll have to grab test shots.

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #2
Mar 05, 2015

Try seting the camera for 2MP. I have heard that helps on some of the HV 3MP cameras.

Ahmed Elsayed
Mar 05, 2015

Hi, try setting the iframe to match the frame rate. Also, is WDR on? Noise reduction?

What are the Quality, frame rate, and bitrate settings?

thanks.

SM
Sujit Mahapatro
Mar 06, 2015

The possible cause i suspect

Option 1. Slice encoding/Decoding ( From Encoder side )

Option 2. Deblocking filter disabled at your viewer's decoder.

Option 3 : Higher GOV/GOP length.

First you can try with Option 2 and then Option 1 & 3 .

(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions