Subscriber Discussion

Cameras For Industrial High Temp Areas

JC
Jason Clement
Feb 12, 2014

Customer had another Integrator install some standard interior dome camers by an area where molten metal is being poured. Needless to say they didn't last long. I know that Moog/Videolarm has some air conditioned/high temp mounts but just looking for any feedback form anyone who has actually used them or installed cameras in a similar situation and how they dealt with it. Customer was told the temp in the camera was about 160° F but the Integrator is thinking it's getting hotter than that by the camera.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

Michael Budalich
Feb 13, 2014
Genetec

Jason,

I used to work for Videotec, an Italian based manufacturer of camera housings and mechatronics. They offer a camera housing called the NXW which is a liquid cooled housing that can easily protect a camera in the environment you mention. You can see more info about that housing here.

With the stainless steel design the cost can get up there so I guess the best question is how much is your customer willing to spend?

Hope this is helpful and my guess is that Videotec would be a more reasonable price than Moog's unit.

-Mike

AT
Andrew Thomas
Feb 13, 2014

IP or Analog

JC
Jason Clement
Feb 13, 2014

IP

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions