Here is the situation: I have a 12-floor building with cameras on every floor. Every floor has around 8-10 cameras and one network switch, CAT6 is homerun from each floor's switch to the parkade.
Initially, the problematic floor had a PoE switches. I started getting cameras dropping on just one floor - all cameras would drop, but at different times. Sometimes I will have 2 or 3 cameras drop out, other times I will have just one, some times all 8. The cameras will drop multiple times per day and then not at all for a few days, then they will drop again.
I thought it might be the switch, so I changed from PoE to a standard switch and powered all 8 cameras - 12VDC for the indoor cameras and 24VAC for the two outdoor cameras. Funny enough, the issue persisted - I still have cameras dropping.
Some other notes:
- Live streaming the cameras on two or three different computers, only issue is on this one floor
- No IP address conflict, camera IPs are static
- If the cameras are down for more than 60 seconds, I receive an e-mail
- Drops and restores at random intervals - timing is never the same
- Firmware is latest and greatest (5.4.0)
- Hikvision cameras (2112's indoor, 4324's outdoors), lose them in SADP software as well as VMS
- All power is within voltage spec, cables are homerun to electrical closet
- Camera network is completely isolated
Does anyone have any idea how else I can troubleshoot this? Short of replacing all cameras, I am at somewhat of a loss.