Subscriber Discussion

Cameras Deployed At A Beach, How To Deal With Dirty Lenses

U
Undisclosed #1
Oct 30, 2016

I am interested in outdoor ip camera. I need 6 units for installation on the beach. For this reason I would need a self-cleaning system for lenses otherwise the lens would be dirty in few days. Do you suggest me any camera with this feature?

MC
Marty Calhoun
Oct 30, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Spray them with Rain-X # 1 and hope its rains often?

U
Undisclosed #2
Oct 31, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Not this fine enclosure made by an even finer company?

Stick your I/O port equipped cameras in here, set up an event in the vms to flick the wiper every so often (and maybe on video tamper/loss).

$70.

(1)
(1)
Campbell Chang
Oct 30, 2016

I think X|Stream do a bunch of stuff like this.

Jeffrey Hinckley
Nov 03, 2016

I have had various cameras installed at coastal locations for years, and amazed at how good they look, with no cleaning or maintenance (maine). I am not sure where you think the dirt or film will come from. Maybe you live in New Jersey?

I would think that an environmental dome can be used, on a wall pendant mount, and occasional rain and fog will keep it clean. Maybe a yearly clean from a security integrator is all you need. HD IP PTZ cameras are relatively cheap nowadays (500-1500 integrator cost) so I normally use these on Pole mount lift required installations. Normally used as fixed cameras, but orientation can be adjusted remotely if a different view us required, and search/investigation is possible by personnel and public safety. I am assuming these will be pole mounted via wireless.

(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions