Subscriber Discussion

Camera Pole Document From Pelco?

RB
Renaldo Borsatto
Feb 03, 2017

Hi everyone - 

I recently came across a 2 or 3 pages document by Pelco I think, that described in details the installation of a CCTV pole.

It had a drawing showing lightning rod, down cable, grounding method, surge suppression, etc... It was quite complete and  detailed.

However, it's been impossible for me to find it again, and it is not on Pelco's site.

Would anyone know what I'm talking about and indicate where I could find it?

This is a shot in the dark, but you never know!

Thanks in advance for your help.

JH
John Honovich
Feb 03, 2017
IPVM

Renaldo,

I emailed Pelco to ask if they can find it. I googled it but did not find it yet.

So hopefully Pelco or another member can find it for you.

Thanks for asking!

JS
Jason Spielfogel
Feb 04, 2017

Renaldo,

A couple questions.

Is your inquiry just for the documentation, or is this a product you're trying to order? if it's the former, I can help look into that for you, if it's the latter, I'm fairly certain we end-of-life'd that product a few years ago (but if I have a part number, I can verify that.)

Also, highly suggest you email support@pelco.com as you'll get a much faster response on these types of questions.

You can email me directly at jason.spielfogel@schneider-electric.com if you wish.

Kindest Regards,

Jason Spielfogel, Director of Product Management, Pelco by Schneider-Electric

RB
Renaldo Borsatto
Feb 05, 2017

Hi Jason and thanks for the reply.

I am  looking more at technical reference on how to ''dress'' properly

a CCTV pole. Sending an email to Pelco direct is a good idea that I will follow.

Best regards,

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Feb 04, 2017

There is more than one Pelco. http://www.pelcoinc.com/Portals/0/Documents/Traffic%20Documents/Traffic%20Catalog%202011/Traffic%20Catalog-Sec11-Poles%20&%20Bases.pdf

JS
Jason Spielfogel
Feb 04, 2017

Yes indeed there is. The other Pelco, based in Oklahoma, and not affiliated with Pelco by Schneider-Electric, makes traffic poles and other related products.

RB
Renaldo Borsatto
Feb 05, 2017

Right. I was aware of the Pelco pole entity.

Funny they should have the same name,

I'm sure there's tons of stories around about that !

Thanks for your time!

Jon Dillabaugh
Feb 06, 2017
Pro Focus LLC

Shouldn't they be asked to change their name to Poleco?

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions