Subscriber Discussion

Camera Install On Mobile Generator Light Mast CHALLENGE

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Oct 04, 2015

I have a 3 generator/light mast configuration for a client parking lot. We want to put a quality, state of the art configuration on the light mastitself to monitor the parking lot from 3 angles. I would love for it to be a cloud solution using the clients wifi. Each generator is about 100-150 ft away from the other. What would you do?

JH
John Honovich
Oct 04, 2015
IPVM

1, are you going to be sending the video back to a permanent building on the other side of the parking lot? Are these generator/light mast configurations mobile? Will they be repositioned over time?

UI
Oct 05, 2015

The generators/lightmasts are mobile but they will not be moved much if ever once positioned. A monitoring solution is what I am most interested in. Being used mainly on college campuses. What dou suggest for monitoring solution?

JH
John Honovich
Oct 05, 2015
IPVM

You mean a third party monitoring service? Do you want them to respond to alarms or do periodic look ins or?

UI
Oct 06, 2015

100 lookins a month is the expectation - responding to security issues

UI
Oct 05, 2015

I have a monitoirng station i could use ...I just think it may be a challenge to get an internet feed to these mobile light masts. For cameras on remote cell phone towers and things like these light carts...is keeping reliable internet a challenge? what are some solutions?

JH
John Honovich
Oct 05, 2015
IPVM

Above you mention, "using the clients wifi". So do you have access to that? Is there a nearby building with dedicated wireline Internet access?

(1)
UI
Oct 06, 2015

yes

UI
Oct 05, 2015

I believe there will be an internet access point in a nearby brick and mortar building for most of these applications. So what would be your solution there? ...and how about if there wasn't a nearby access point....like a cell tower in the middle of nowhere? Thanks by the way for your assistance here.

MM
Michael Miller
Oct 05, 2015

LTE is an option and works well for trailer setups as long as you don't plan to stream 24/7.

(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions