Subscriber Discussion

Camera Calculator Using Imported Drawings

WP
William Papst
Aug 17, 2015

What is the best (or most commonly used) tool for mapping out camera placements on a drawing? The camera calculator tool is great for google maps drawings but I am looking for something that works with a drawing. Can you import an image (bitmap, pdf) into the calculator? We currently use Visio but I am looking for something easier for my team to use.

[UPDATE: The IPVM calculator now supports importing PDFs and images for drawings / floorplans, etc. This can be used on top of the Google Map or in our blank mode.]

JH
John Honovich
Aug 17, 2015
IPVM

Hi William, we are currently working on uploading images to our Camera Calculator.

Expect it to be released next month / September.

Thanks for the feedback.

Max Shumeyko
Aug 24, 2015

I hate to toot my own horn but, to the be best of my knowledge the most commonly used software tool for mapping out camera placement with the possibility to import AutoCAD/PDF/JPEG/PNG drawings is our IP Video System Design Tool.

(1)
Scott Gerrels
Jan 31, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Is there any update to importing drawings for the camera calculator?  I love the tool - I just need to be able to use it for other things than google earth.

John Scanlan
Feb 01, 2017
IPVM • IPVMU Certified

Scott - the calculator can show satellite (with or without labels), Maps (with or without terrain), or you can switch the background to a blank canvas.  A floor plan can be overlaid on each of these.  See the gif below:

Please let me know if this helps.

(2)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions