Bring Back Schmode? Bring Back The Booze? (Avigilon)

JH
John Honovich
Oct 21, 2016
IPVM

From our friends at Stockhouse:

My Avigilon contacts seem less stressed, maybe Avigilon will do better in Q3 than Axis did, but I fear that anything less than a return the the Schmode glory days (man, I miss that guy) of growth will have investors beating the stock down even more.

Let's hope for the next few quarters of big growth, or a buyout. ISC West is not too far away and I miss the Avigilon partner parties and free booze. Those days are probably gone for good though.

We have heard a few people joke (I think) about bringing back Schmode (the 'retired' COO). With the stock at $8 and change, down from its Schmode glory days at $34, reminiscing is somewhat understandable.

Avigilon folks, what do you think about bringing back Schmode?

Btw, those parties / booze / naked painted woman cost a small fortune, even for a corporation. Anyone want to make the case that they have a positive ROI?

(1)
(1)
(1)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Oct 21, 2016

If the alternative is a buyout, bring him back. Otherwise pass.

(2)
U
Undisclosed #2
Oct 21, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Technically, he just quit last month,

which was about a year after he was fired.

(1)
U
Undisclosed #2
Oct 21, 2016
IPVMU Certified

"Anyone want to make the case that they have a positive ROI?"

(9)
Jonathan Lawry
Oct 24, 2016
Trecerdo, LLC

This implies a correlation between exotic entertainer and share price, but doesn't really establish a causation at all. If anything, it looks to be a slight trailing indicator. 🤔

(1)
U
Undisclosed #2
Oct 24, 2016
IPVMU Certified

The effect of exotic entertainment on increasing shareholder interest, leading to a rise of underlying issues, is well known.

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #3
Oct 24, 2016

I'll confine myself to the case of company-sponsored parties in general, absent any discussion of specific refreshment or entertainment.

When calculating ROI, you need to compare the company-sponsored party against other alternatives, including sponsorship of the event (e.g. ISC West) itself, advertising, giveaways, off-site hospitality suites, and the like.

Giveaways have the benefit of being tangible things that you retain after the event (unless you give them to your kids), but you have to make sure that the giveaways aren't TOO expensive or you run afoul of the recipients' employers' policies.

Advertising is the most effective way to convey your message, but people don't like ads.

Sponsoring the event helps you with the event staff, but you need to make sure that your sponsorship gets you something beneficial. I wouldn't want to sponsor the trash cans at ISC West.

Company-sponsored parties do offer networking opportunities, although the noise at the party limits that somewhat.

If your market includes some large purchasers, off-site hospitality suites may be the best (although they're also expensive) They're quiet, and you get the customers' undivided attention.

Cory Franek
Oct 24, 2016

Haha, funny. We will see what happens, election years are always tough especially ones like this year.

(1)
U
Undisclosed #2
Oct 24, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Schmode: Alex, did you see?! Goto IPVM, Honovich wants me back!

Fernandez: Got the headline, but now its frozen. Damn that IPVM IP blocker! Read it to me then, just the important parts.

Schmode: Lets see, "Bring back Schmode, blah,blah,blah, Friends, I fear that anything less than a return to the Schmode glory days (man, I miss that guy) of growth will have investors beating the stock down even more, blah,blah, down from its Schmode glory days at $34, blah, Let's hope!, blah, Have a positive ROI, blah, Think about bringing back Schmode!"

Fernandez: Wow, I'm stunned... Did he say anything about me?

Schmode: Actually, he doesn't seem to like you all that much...

(6)
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #4
Nov 02, 2016

Someone smarter than me could also make the argument that Schmode was the butterfly that created the hurricane which is Avigilon's stock prices today...

JH
John Honovich
Nov 02, 2016
IPVM

I agree that Schmode was critical in rocketing the stock price up. Continuously beating quarterly numbers like he did convinced a lot of people that Avigilon was going to the moon.... until it didn't.

U
Undisclosed #2
Nov 02, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Someone smarter than me could also make the argument that Schmode was the butterfly that created the hurricane which is Avigilon's stock prices today...

Maybe that someone would be Al Roker?

(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions