Big Police Show- IACP: What Should We Look Out For?

JH
John Honovich
Oct 18, 2013
IPVM

The big US police conference - the IACP show is starting this weekend and we are going to it.

Any thing you want us to look out for? Any specific police oriented products? (outside of remote controlled guns)

Any trends, technologies, products, etc.?

Here's a map of the show floor if you want to see who's going to be there.

RA
Robert Ansell
Oct 18, 2013

Wearable video recording systems.

JH
John Honovich
Oct 18, 2013
IPVM

Speaking of which, Panasonic has one of the biggest booths (they announced a neat wearable megapixel kit earlier in the year).

It's a good idea! We'll keep a look out.

SR
Scott Reames
Oct 19, 2013

This looks interesting.

Booth 1301 - Intrado

VL
Vickee Liang
Oct 19, 2013
IPVMU Certified

What about mobile LPR product?

JH
John Honovich
Oct 19, 2013
IPVM

That's a good idea. I am sure LPR is a relatively big item for a police show. Thanks!

Marty Major
Oct 19, 2013
Teledyne FLIR

I'd be interested in seeing any interesting new non-lethal weapons demo'd at the show... if all R&D in this field hasn't been scrapped already in favor of free military surplus weapons, I mean.

TS
Tariq Saleh
Oct 20, 2013

I would like to know which technologies that they are using in terms of VMS, video analytics, face recognition, integration, and so on. Thanks

JH
John Honovich
Oct 20, 2013
IPVM

Tariq, it is a good question though I am not sure how much we can learn from going to the show. We can certainly ask police in attendance but how definitive / representative those answers are, is questionable.

TS
Tariq Saleh
Oct 20, 2013

Some times they are providing some information like this one.

Thanks

JH
John Honovich
Oct 20, 2013
IPVM

Sure, and we have covered the NYPD domain awareness system (and their software provider). We should be able to get some other anecdotes but it won't be comprehensive on which technologies they are using.

JG
John Grocke
Oct 21, 2013

Shotspotter!

JH
John Honovich
Oct 21, 2013
IPVM

Good idea. Carlton's at the show already. I'll ask him to check.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions