Subscriber Discussion

What Wireless Manufacturers Should I Include In My RFP?

JE
Jim Elder
Apr 07, 2015
IPVMU Certified

My bid needs to have at least 3 manufacturers of multipoint to point wireless. Can you provide me with the top three you would recommend?

JH
John Honovich
Apr 07, 2015
IPVM

I won't recommend any without more details but you can find a list of common supplier here: Favorite Wireless Video Surveillance 2014

JE
Jim Elder
Apr 07, 2015
IPVMU Certified

Thanks John. I did review that and it was helpful. Just checking to find what the latest feeling is about the manufacters. Also, i noted that a number said they did not use wireless. This question is for those who do. As the price continues to go down, i would think more folks would want to use wireless.

Also here are some more details

1.Multi-point-to-point on two location (no more than 6 cameras)

2. Parking lot application in the mid east. No particular weather issues.

3. Line of site in all cases. Maximum distance from transmitter to receiver is about 600Ft.

4. Mount on existing light pole.

5. Power to be provided.

6. Using multi-imaging 180 cameras. Lets assume Arecont 8mp for now.

What else do you need to know?

JH
John Honovich
Apr 07, 2015
IPVM

"Just checking to find what the latest feeling is about the manufacters."

The report is less than a year old. There's no material change since then.

"As the price continues to go down, i would think more folks would want to use wireless."

Price has been going down for more than a decade, still a niche. It is what it is.

Jon Dillabaugh
Apr 07, 2015
Pro Focus LLC

I've only used Ubiquiti and they work very well.

(2)
SP
Sean Patton
Apr 08, 2015

Fluidmesh, Ubiquiti, Ruckus. In that order.

JE
Jim Elder
Apr 08, 2015
IPVMU Certified

Thanks Sean. Exactly what i was looking for. The State will be happy!

Others out there agree??

KL
Keefe Lovgren
Apr 09, 2015
IPVMU Certified

our experience is ubiquiti and hautespot... the price will greatly differ between the two products as well as the support... hautespot has great phone support and while ubiquiti doesn't offer phone support they do have a great online forum...

JP
Josh Penfold
Apr 08, 2015

If you want any kind of support, i recommend Ruckus. Quality is top notch and their new ac models are blazing fast.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions