We are starting a VMS Search Shootout and are evaluating what are the best features or capabilities to base the evaluation on. This is shootout is related to searching for recorded video, events, and alarms, not exporting (VMS Export Shootout - Avigilon, Dahua, Exacq, Genetec, Hikvision, Milestone).
The parameters/criteria we are starting out with (no specific order):
- Event-based Search Features (type of events - alarm/motion/bookmarks, area of interest filtering)
- Traditional Calendar/date-time Search Features
- Thumbnail Search Capabilities (minimal clicks to find a left-behind/removed object is best)
- Analytics Classification Search (object type, color, size. e.g. Avigilon Appearance Search)
- UX Strengths and Weaknesses (search filter flow - left to right, top to bottom, etc, consistency in client design)
- Multi-camera search/tracking capabilties
- Mobile App Search Features
What other criteria or aspects should we be considering for our evaluation? Let us know in the comments.