Subscriber Discussion

Best Way To Mount An IP Camera On A Chain Link Fence?

SL
Steve Luce
Aug 16, 2016

I have a swimming pool application that is surrounded by a chain link fence. Where might I find hardware to mount a bullet camera on the fence?

Brian Rhodes
Aug 16, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Are you looking to mount directly to the fence mesh, or a support post?

How high is the fence?

SL
Steve Luce
Aug 18, 2016

I think mounting on the support post might work the best. The fence is 6 ft. tall.

Brian Rhodes
Aug 16, 2016
IPVMU Certified

One idea: use a flat topped PVC cap as a fence post cap, just mount the base of the camera to the cap installed on top of the post. Use the post itself to run cable inside.

(1)
Mike Dotson
Aug 16, 2016
Formerly of Seneca • IPVMU Certified

Assuming the fence supports.

These are in the 2 inch range.

They make 2 in pipe clamps like what is shown below. I use smaller versions to mount my cameras in the lab by putting a small threaded rod in the hole up top and screw that into the cam mount.

Image below is from Grainger's

simple pipe clamp

(1)
Billy Guthrie
Aug 16, 2016
Brian Karas
Aug 16, 2016
IPVM

I don't have the pic handy, but I once had an integrator that was doing fence-mount cameras. They replaced key fence poles with taller versions, giving them a mounting location for the cameras.

From what I was told, the cost and labor was relatively cheap, and it made more a more integrated appearance instead of trying to attach things onto existing poles or fencing.

Billy Guthrie
Aug 16, 2016

Another idea if the existing poles are used to are pole to pole extension mounts:

http://antennapartsoutlet.com/Pages/Products/EasyUpPages/EZHDPTP8.html

(1)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Aug 16, 2016

Wasn't there a test on how to use a chain link fence as a lightening gathering device?

(2)
Ml
Mendy lewis
Aug 19, 2016
Safezone24

I'm using this one

Pole Mount Adapter

You can mount it on the corner posts

and install any kind of back box or brackt

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions