Subscriber Discussion

Best Sources For Hikvision Cameras And Nvr's

GF
Gerald Fowler
Apr 15, 2016

I shop om aliexpress for most products but what are other sites that offer hikvision and dahua products?

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #1
Apr 15, 2016

http://www.cctv-mall.com/

(1)
BS
Bob Schenck
Apr 15, 2016
IPVMU Certified
(1)
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #2
Apr 16, 2016

Why not buy from your local distributor and support your local economy?

MC
Marty Calhoun
Apr 16, 2016
IPVMU Certified

What kind of support do you get from Aliexpress?

Jon Dillabaugh
Apr 16, 2016
Pro Focus LLC

Yikes! How's that going for you? You're not going to find lower prices elsewhere. How confident are you that you have been receiving authentic product destined for US markets? I like a good deal, but even I am not willing to risk buying from Ali.

Now, if what you are asking is where to find a reliable source inside the US with reliable stock and decent pricing? That's another story. Do you want/need access to a human person for pre-sales and post-sales support? Do you want them to have an IQ over 100, meaning they know their products?

I can highly recommend a member here by the name of Sean Nelson, owner of Nelly's Security. He sells both Dahua and Hikvision. His guys are nice and well informed. His dealer prices and value added programs are very fair. You won't find a more honest dealer IMO.

If you are looking for no frills, but maybe just the ability to RMA to the US vs mailing back to China, then you could try some of the bigger distributors, but my experience is that the larger the distro, the less they know at the rep level. You end up dealing with more than one person (sales, tech, RMA, accounting, etc). It all depends on what your needs are.

Chances are, if you are looking for Dahua distros here in the US, they will be OEMs who relabel them with their own brands. But, since you are already familiar with Dahua products and part numbers, you will likely be able to spot them. The dead give away is them mentioning the supporting apps, DMSS, PSS, etc.

U
Undisclosed #3
Apr 16, 2016
IPVMU Certified

You're not going to find lower prices elsewhere. How confident are you that you have been receiving authentic product destined for US markets? I like a good deal, but even I am not willing to risk buying from Ali.

FWIW, aliexpress should not be confused with alibaba, despite the name. Aliexpress offers free buyer protection, similar to ebay. So, if you don't receive product, or its DOA , or its not what the description said, you will get credited back the full amount, less any exchange rate flucuations and credit card fees.

Jon Dillabaugh
Apr 16, 2016
Pro Focus LLC

So it's not a COMPLETE ripoff then...

GF
Gerald Fowler
Apr 16, 2016

Yes this is why i asked. aliexpress ok but good have support and support community.Thanks for great info.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions