Subscriber Discussion

Axis P5415-E Camera Error Code

BD
Brian Dombrowski
Dec 20, 2017

Hi,

I had a well tested working Axis P5415-E.   Firmware is upgraded to recent.   Burned it in for a month w/o issues, then put the foam brake pad back in and shipped in original box to the installation site.    Installer has it up at install site on PoE and  PTZ viewer window says "Camera error, try testing PTZ in Maintenance section".   So I go there and run PTZ run test.   Repeatable results show:

Pan:   error (0001)
Tilt:  Ok
Camera:  Ok

Does anyone have experience with this error on the P5415-E?    Any ideas on what it could be and if it can be resolved in the field?

Thank you in advance,

Brian

(1)
JH
John Honovich
Dec 21, 2017
IPVM

Brian, I've passed this on to Axis. Btw, have you called Axis tech support? I am curious if they have responded. Please let me know and I'll pass on anything we hear from Axis.

BD
Brian Dombrowski
Dec 21, 2017

Thank you John.

JR
John Richardson
Dec 21, 2017

If the camera is on its back you'll get errors. Try standing it up the correct way.

(1)
BD
Brian Dombrowski
Dec 21, 2017

Thanks John.  It's already mounted in the proper position at the install site.

(1)
AB
Alexander Bakke
Dec 21, 2017

Have you checked that the camera module is the correct way up?

I have experienced that the camera module somehow has moved past its end point and ended up looking in on itself. 

If that is the case, remove the dome bubble, pretend to be a chiropractor and move it back in its place.

(1)
(1)
SP
Sean Patton
Dec 21, 2017

We saw this error a few times; both were either operator or installer error. Alex and John hit the couple things I've seen, in addition to not removing the foam after installing.

(1)
SB
Shawn Bivin
Jan 04, 2018
IPVMU Certified

Just wanted to thank you for this post. A Q6115-E camera of ours experienced the same issue after coming up from a firmware update but it was with the tilt instead of pan. We opened the dome, found it was looking straight up at the sky, we moved it back down to the normal spot it should be, did the "try testing PTZ in Maintenance section" again, and this resolved the issue.

(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions