Subscriber Discussion

Axis P3707-PE Multi-Imager Camera

U
Undisclosed #1
Dec 20, 2016

Axis is advertising a P3707-PE camera as a 4 imager (360 degree view) camera.  When specifying this camera in the camera calculator it shows a single imager/lens device.  Which is correct?     

Ethan Ace
Dec 20, 2016

That's an error. I'll fix it with the proper 360° specs shortly.

Ethan Ace
Dec 20, 2016

It now shows as a 360° camera. Let me know if you run into other issues.

We are aware that it is a repositionable multi-imager so it's not technically fixed to this field of view.

For now, users wanting to show different fields of view for cameras like this need to add four separate cameras using the individual imager specs. Better handling of multi-imager is on the roadmap for the calculator, as this isn't the first time it's come up.

U
Undisclosed #1
Dec 20, 2016

Thanks Ethan

Philip Jenkins
Dec 20, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Thanks Ethan,

Phil Jenkins

TM
Todd McNutt
Sep 13, 2017

First off, I wish I had found your website, and this calculator tool a long time ago.  It's saved me countless hours, so thank you!!  We are beginning to use these multi-imager cameras for specific applications, do you have an update on being able to use them in the calculator?  I really like the export to PDF feature, but it throws off the camera counts, and models of course when showing a customer.

JH
John Honovich
Sep 13, 2017
IPVM

Todd, thanks, glad you find IPVM useful!

We are just about to release the new calculator (see here). The good news is that it's faster and better. The bad news is that it does not yet include multi-imager support. We are definitely planning to add it this fall but it's a moderately complex new feature since the cameras can be moved. I apologize for the delay.

TM
Todd McNutt
Sep 13, 2017

Ok, thanks for the reply.  I can only imagine it is a difficult task.  I'll check out the new version on Monday.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions