Subscriber Discussion

AXIS P3225-V Mk II - Focus Issue

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Dec 19, 2018

Wondering if anyone else is experiencing focus issues with the AXIS P3225-V Mk II's.  We are having recurring issues with this camera not focusing unless all the way zoomed in.  Not sure if we're just unlucky and have gotten a high number of defective cameras, a config/testing issue, or if it's a transit/shipping issue (we bring into office and pre-configure, and then ship to site).  

Our config team "supposedly" tests the focus at near/far before shipping, but I'm honestly not sure if it's happening.  The config team is also supposed to have the camera zoomed all the way out prior to repackaging, but I know for sure they are doing the opposite right now.  Could there be any impact with having the camera zoomed all the way in and shipping?  Doubtful, but I'm just trying to find some answers.  Thanks!

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #2
Dec 20, 2018

I've probably installed about 50 3225 mk II variants over the last year, I have not noted any problems. We open and configure them onsite.

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #3
Dec 20, 2018

If the camera is zoomed all the way in, depending on how the camera is designed, the lens could be impacting something in transit.  Another brand ships their cameras with the lens retracted all the way wide to prevent this.

MD
Mark Davis
Dec 20, 2018

I had some issues with my Q3518s.

I learned that the zoom can be install only or post-install.  When installimg new cams with post-install zoom enabled, I have to create new presets for zoom in and zoom out and remove the default home preset...If I do not do this, the camera goes out of focus a lot and at reboots.

-mark

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions