Subscriber Discussion

Can You Share Your Experience With The AXIS Network Video Course?

UD
Undisclosed Distributor #1
Sep 11, 2016

Does anyone have any experience with the AXIS network video course. How is it? Is it useful or recognized. I am planning to take it. I need suggestions?

U
Undisclosed #2
Sep 11, 2016
IPVMU Certified

What is your purpose in taking the course?

1. Learning about network video
  2. Learning about Axis slanted network video
  3. Receiving a recognized certification
JH
John Honovich
Sep 11, 2016
IPVM

If you want to be an Axis partner, you definitely should take it, e.g., Axis Certification now required for Axis Solution Partners.

Also, if you like classroom based training and they are coming to your area, then it is a good choice.

Their training is well organized and polished but, of course, structured to reflect their market approach / value proposition.

(1)
JH
John Honovich
Sep 11, 2016
IPVM

1, I see you have taken and passed our course. To that end, I do not think you will gain much on fundamentals but if you plan to use Axis products regularly then you definitely would learn on that.

UD
Sep 12, 2016

I am not using any axis products . We are the dealers for the samsung.

I need to take the course only for the certification purpose , to add in my resume .

JH
John Honovich
Sep 12, 2016
IPVM

I am pretty positive Samsung does not value you being Axis certified.

(1)
UD
Sep 12, 2016

u r right john . But i could not find any samsung certification courses.. i think the only way is do & learn

Ari Erenthal
Sep 12, 2016
Chesapeake & Midlantic

I thought it was pretty good for someone with no prior experience with modern surveillance systems, although it was somewhat slanted towards Axis products and the Axis ways of doing things in general. And, of course, as others have pointed out, taking it is necessary if you want to be an Axis partner. But there's nothing there you can't get by just reading IPVM articles.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions