Subscriber Discussion

Axis M3027 Issues - Camera Losing Video Feed After Firmware Update

Brian Gilbert
Dec 11, 2018

All, I've been seeing issues with my Axis M3027 cameras losing video feed after updating the firmware to version 6.50.3. The camera will be working fine in my OnSSI VMS but then will suddenly indicate it is down in OnSSI. This happens once or twice a day. It is definitely a camera issue and not a problem with the OnSSI VMS. When I log directly into the camera, the Live View screen will have the error message "The current resolution is not supported! Please select a supported resolution under the Video Stream in order for this page to load correctly.". I don't change the video stream when setting these camera up so the stream selected is the default stream. If I reboot the camera, the live view will come back still using the default stream. I'm going to open a case with Axis, but I was curious to see if anyone else has seen this problem. Thanks.

Brian

(1)
ML
Michael Lewis
Dec 17, 2018

Have you tried explicitly setting the resolution in your vms? Tried defaulting the camera? I use Milestone as my VMS and occasionally I have to tell it to use rtp/rtsp/tcp for the streaming mode instead of the default rtp/udp. Maybe play around with streaming mode settings in your vms....

Brian Gilbert
Dec 17, 2018

The problem is with the camera, not the VMS. When I log directly into the camera with a web browser is where I see the Invalid Stream error. I've opened a case with Axis but so far all I've gotten from them was to set an NTP server and that there a lot of RTSP stream timeouts on the camera.

ML
Michael Lewis
Dec 17, 2018

It's possible that the camera shows the error because the vms was requesting an invalid stream, though. Does the live view work correctly from the web page?

Did you try setting the camera to factory defaults (even if it's brand new)?

Brian Gilbert
Dec 19, 2018

The Live View from a web browser is where I see the Unsupported resolution error. It takes a reboot of the camera to get the live view back. I’ve done a reset where it keeps the IP address but not a full reset to factory defaults. The camera is too high to reach without a lift. I was hoping to not have to do a full factory reset.

ML
Michael Lewis
Dec 19, 2018

if the camera is on a network with dhcp, then you should be able to still have access to the camera after a full factory reset. Or even using the axis management tool... that can work across subnets (but not across vlans). Factory reset can be done via the web interface, so you shouldn't need a lift.

Axis usually doesn't forget about support tickets, but there has been a couple of times that I "reminded" them about my ticket and they got me my answer right away.

UE
Undisclosed End User #1
Dec 18, 2018

This occurs in FW 8.4.1 for Q series PTZ's as well. Big ticket open with them. As soon as you back it down to 8.2 everything returns to normal. (I got the exact same initial answer about NTP and stream timeouts.)

I think it is specific to 10GB cisco switches because it doesn't occur on our 1GB switches. At their request, we only run link-limit discovery on cisco switches, so it's not that. Once I demonstrated this for them, they sent it up the chain.

(1)
(1)
Brian Gilbert
Dec 19, 2018

Let me know if you hear more about your case. Mine seems to be stalled.

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #2
Dec 19, 2018

You can factory default the camera through the web UI so that you don't need a lift.

It could be a stuck/bad setting from the firmware upgrade. I would definitely default it.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions