Subscriber Discussion

Axis 8105-E Streaming A Custom View In DW Spectrum, Anyone Do This Before?

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Mar 28, 2018

Hi all!

I'm using DW Spectrum for the VMS and I've added a few Axis A8105-E Door stations. I'm able to get the default landscape stream into Spectrum but I'm having trouble figuring out how to stream a custom view (or as they label it "video stream") in Spectrum instead.

Being that the camera is a fisheye, they allow you to draw a view on the image of the full sensor to choose a more usable image to stream rather than showing a distorted full sensor image.

Spectrum creates its own stream profiles. When i dive into the menu I don't see anywhere that I can pick the video stream; and that's in a separate tab called stream profiles vs. what I mentioned earlier which is under video streams.

Anyone do this before and have any input on what I might be missing?

Thank you!

MM
Michael Miller
Mar 28, 2018

UI
Mar 28, 2018

Thanks Michael,

I was able to do all of that but my issue is getting DW Spectrum to see the custom view that I set up. I can't find anywhere to set the as the default view for streaming.

MM
Michael Miller
Mar 28, 2018

You don't have to add a custom view.  You need to edit the view DW is using. 

(1)
UI
Apr 02, 2018

Thanks for your help Michael! That worked.

(1)
Sergey Bystrov
Apr 02, 2018
NetworkOptix

U1,

Any chance you can get RTSP link to your RIO form camera?
If so you can add it as generic RTSP to the spectrum: right click on server => add cameras => provide that RTSP link. 

(1)
(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions