Subscriber Discussion

Avigilon Stock Plunges - Bad News, Or Buying Opportunity?

Brian Karas
May 12, 2017
IPVM

Avigilon stock is down over 10% at this point today, with no clear reason.

Two theories that are going around the internet:

1) Monday's earnings call is going to be bad news, and details of this have leaked, causing the sell off.

2) One of Avigilon's larger shareholders, Turtle Creek, may need to sell off its Avigilon holdings, potentially related to issues wth another of its investments, Home Capital Investment.

Is this a sign of trouble at Avigilon, or a good time to pick up the stock at a discount?

(1)
(1)
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #1
May 12, 2017

Wouldn't that be nice to know?  Personally, I have a hard time believing James would get another promotion if Monday's news is bad.  

I've been proven wrong about these theories again...and again...and again.

(1)
(2)
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #2
May 12, 2017

Looks like peeps are buying...7% and dropping or rising whatever way you look at it.

JH
John Honovich
May 12, 2017
IPVM

Here is AVO's chart for the day and finish:

(1)
Luis Carmona
May 13, 2017
Geutebruck USA • IPVMU Certified

Anyone know or have a chart of the short interest activity for the past month or so? It may not be a great earnings call, but if it's been a significant rise in short selling, it could just be driving the price farther down than normal by the day-trading herd.

(1)
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #3
May 16, 2017

They didn't make their numbers...

JH
John Honovich
May 16, 2017
IPVM

In fairness, the stock price is just 80 cents off what it was before the start of the Friday plunge (15.46). Overall, not great news but so far not triggering a slide back to 8 where they were 6 months ago.

(2)
Jon Dillabaugh
May 17, 2017
Pro Focus LLC

Still an unbelievable value if you ask me. They really do have a great lineup of products. If they just had better management and sales processes, I think they could take a large market share away from other leaders in the industry. 

(2)
(1)
U
Undisclosed #4
May 17, 2017

They'll never reach peak valuation until they fix their mounting hardware...

(2)
(1)
U
Undisclosed #5
May 17, 2017
IPVMU Certified

They'll never reach peak valuation until they fix their mounting hardware...

Maybe they should buy Pelco just for their mounting hardware ;)

(2)
Jon Dillabaugh
May 17, 2017
Pro Focus LLC

You seriously believe mounting hardware is holding back a stock evaluation? I'm being trolled here right?

(3)
(1)
U
Undisclosed #4
May 23, 2017

You might ought to get your sarcasm meter checked out...

(1)
Jon Dillabaugh
May 23, 2017
Pro Focus LLC

Yeah, you never know with this lot. Too many undisclosed to keep you all straight.

U
Undisclosed #4
May 23, 2017

Fair point. I wish I could post without being UD, but alas...

I wish IPVM would allow actual screen names. I'd like to actually be able to be "known", but without using my real name...

NOTICE: This comment has been moved to its own discussion: Should IPVM Allow Screen Names?

Brian Karas
May 19, 2017
IPVM

While the stock recovered somewhat from last Friday's lowest point, the trend in the past week and after the earnings call has been more downward movement:

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions