We're an integrator, I got an email the other day from an Avigilon Rep asking to meet with me so they could show me the VMS. When I responded and told them we are an integrator they stopped communicating with me. There's two other dealers in the area, I wonder how they would feel if they knew they were competing with Avigilon. 

First of all, if they had visited our domain before contacting they would have known a little about us, the email mentions "facilities like ours" but they clearly don't know anything about our "facility". This person needs to go back and learn sales 101 before sending out what I assume is a mass email. We've always gone back and forth on if we should offer Avigilon, these kinds of emails always push us away from them.

Heres the email. 

"I am a manufacturer’s rep for a company called Avigilon. Avigilon is a manufacturer and we build our cameras here in North America. Our solution is unique and focuses on solving the problem instead of just recording it as it happens. We are working with many facilities like yours in in the area to help achieve security and protect staff and property.

We will be in your area throughout the month and we are booking appointments now. Please let me know if you have an hour to spare for us to stop by and shake hands."

[IPVM Note: The integrator confirmed the Avigilon rep was from Avigilon inside sales team.]