Avigilon Has 'Tons' Of Open Jobs But None In Sales?

JH
John Honovich
May 01, 2014
IPVM

Avigilon careers twitter account just announced:

What is puzzling is that on the careers page / job listing they direct you to, it has ~40 jobs in a variety of departments but none in sales.

Avigilon must be hiring sales people, right? Are they just hiding them from the jobs page? I know they use a number of recruiters, but one would think they'd at least list some on their main site (I mean they use LinkedIn to advertise for an HR exec and marketing exec).

Related, up until 2 months ago, LinkedIn alerts showed multiple new Avigilon sales people almost every week. However, recently, there have been hardly any.

Any insights?

Dale Bullough
May 01, 2014
IPVMU Certified

I have no insights here, but I have found this curious too. I live in Dallas. They have a large enough presence here and I check on them periodically because I think I would like to sell their products. I have never seen a sales position for them in Dallas much less Vancouver either.

Useless comment from me. But I too have found this puzzling.

JH
John Honovich
May 01, 2014
IPVM

Dale, thanks. If anyone wants to share which recruiters Avigilon uses, please do. I've heard some names but sure of what's current.

RW
Rukmini Wilson
May 01, 2014

Well they are apparently hiring Senior Sales Recruiters in the Dallas area. Only one line in the job description seemed to indicate their method of recruitment:

Demonstrated success in sourcing passive candidates, professional pipeline development, use of social networking tools and direct sourcing methods for recruiting;

Sourcing passive candidates is the head-hunting equivalent of 'cold-calling' in sales. 15 years ago, passively sourcing meant (among other things), being an expert at voicemail tree mapping and the intricacies of PBX extension routing (ATT 5ESS). Today due to the exponentially increased visibility (LinkedIn) of gainfully employed passive candidates, the methods are different, but still just as actively annoying to those not interested.

I'm not sure what's implied by 'direct sourcing', but it sounds like fun.

JH
John Honovich
May 05, 2014
IPVM

LinkedIn has returned a new sales employee at Avigilon, but this is the first new one listed in a few weeks. He is a Business Development Manager, Strategic Alliances- North America, before that he was at AMAG and UTC.

JH
James Hendry
May 05, 2014

I had a check on the careers page of a major test compliance house in China. Shame as I expected all they wanted was sales!

Dale Bullough
May 05, 2014
IPVMU Certified

Thanks John. Sorry for late reply. I left myslef logged in to my pro account on work computer and have been mobile for a bit.

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
May 06, 2014

I think it's a good sign. Enough with the selling how about some engineering to keep up. Get some great technology and engineering with all that cash.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions