Subscriber Discussion

ASIS Dallas Feedback?

U
Undisclosed
Sep 25, 2017

Any feedback on ASIS in Dallas?  Yesterday was full of council meetings.  The current crop of board of director members are hopping up and down denting the ceiling trying to tell us all they're working on making things better.  Is there any actual evidence there's collaboration among them and they other groups they claim to be collaborating with?  Infraguard, for example, has zero contact with the IT Security council, which many of us think is spectacularly lame.  Is ASIS worth it?  Do you really want to get a PSP certification that thinks testing you on how token ring works will make you better at attaching cameras to a network? 

JH
John Honovich
Sep 25, 2017
IPVM

get a PSP certification that thinks testing you on how token ring works will make you better at attaching cameras to a network?

No attacking token ring on IPVM. Next you are going to say that ISDN is not an important modern technology ;)

We'll be attending ASIS, not sure how we are going to cover it yet, will look at attendance / response from integrators and manufacturers.

U
Undisclosed
Sep 27, 2017

there were rumors of JH sightings.  You'd think Elvis walked up and said "thank you very much" at the JCI booth.

IMO there was reasonable traffic.  Show floor is large. 

UE
Undisclosed End User #1
Sep 26, 2017

The biggest news so far from ASIS 2017 appears to be Security Today seems to be Gas Monkey Garage. Costar, really??

Dear ASIS International, I don't miss you. 

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #2
Sep 26, 2017

So far what I've heard from multiple people is that there are less people than last year in the hall and it's a little quiet... i wonder what other people are hearing.

JH
John Honovich
Sep 26, 2017
IPVM

We have our show report up here - ASIS Show 2017 Report

From what we have seen and from manufacturers, traffic is definitely better. One positive factor has to be starting on Tuesday rather than Monday, the other is that the floor may be smaller.

UM
Sep 26, 2017

Did you hear scanning numbers? Because i'm exhibitor too usually, even if no one showed up i will say it's a great day... you know that's how those things work.

As far traffic away from the large booths/entrance how did it look?

JH
John Honovich
Sep 26, 2017
IPVM

No, I am basing it on what we saw. There was heavy traffic for many hours, including in the back areas.

We'll definitely get more detailed feedback tonight / tomorrow but last year, Day 1 morning was scary low. This year day 1 was clearly much better. Recall ASIS 2016 Review

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #3
Sep 27, 2017

We found it to be pretty quiet other than a BIG morning rush. Many key industry participants not attending / exhibiting and in other cases key personnel did not attend the show. Also overheard a few attendees discussing that they were surprised not to see Digital Watchdog and a couple of other manufacturers at the show

(1)
UM
Sep 27, 2017

Thank you for the feedback, I would be happy to hear more first hand experience of exhibitors!

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions