Are Your Hikvision TVI Cameras Suffering From Noise?

JH
John Honovich
Sep 11, 2016
IPVM

Member shared with us: "every installation I do I have one or two cameras with noise we have to deal with"

Update: Member says the noise is on Cat 5 cables, not coax.

Have you seen that? If so, what do you believe is the cause? What have you done to correct?

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Sep 11, 2016

Just like with the old analog cameras, I believe the TVI/CVI/AHD cameras can suffer from ground loop noise if the installations are done using wire that is not coax.

One ground loop balun should solve this issue. Sometimes two might be needed, but that is on larger installs and should be used when cameras are quite far apart (at least, that is what we had the best luck with)

(1)
(1)
U
Undisclosed #2
Sep 11, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Agreed.

Also, running all from the same brick/outlet, if possible, is worth trying.

JR
Jeff Russo
Sep 11, 2016
IPVMU Certified

I have only done one installation with this product. I also had one or two cameras that had some interference in the form of rolling bars.

I guess I am still confused how this technology works. Is there something about it that is supposed to prevent this from happening? Is it a digital picture or is it technically still analog?

JH
John Honovich
Sep 11, 2016
IPVM

Is it a digital picture or is it technically still analog?

Still analog, not NTSC/PAL but still analog.

JR
Jeff Russo
Sep 11, 2016
IPVMU Certified

So in any upgrade where some cameras are experiencing interference I should expect to deal with some on the finished end

Mark Kirkeby
Sep 11, 2016

I had an issue on one very small 4 camera installation with LTS TVI cameras,

When they were first installed I did not notice any noise, the 3 of the runs were very short 15 feet at the most, 1 of the cameras developed some noise. LTS sent a power filter (no cost) to resolve the issue, which it did. I have not had an issue that I had to use a ground loop isolator on the coax.

JH
John Honovich
Sep 11, 2016
IPVM

Update: Member says the noise is on Cat 5 cables, not coax.

Mark Kirkeby
Sep 11, 2016

I have never used TVI baluns, but on additional information when I had the noise issue , all cameras were powered from the same power supply- typical siamese cable installation.

MC
Marty Calhoun
Sep 11, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Mark- What is the model number of the Power Filter that LTS offered to correct the problem?

(1)
Claudio Almeida
Sep 12, 2016

I published an article in my website about the correct use of UTP cables and balluns in CCTV: http://www.cctvinstitute.com.br/cabling---part-4---utp.html

(1)
JG
Jeff Gack
Sep 29, 2016
IPVMU Certified

I had a couple cameras giving me the rolling bars.

The cameras were using Siamese cable and all powered from the same power supply.

I eventually powered them on a different power supply and it all stopped.

I believe it was a ground loop issue through the power cable.

A ground loop isolator may also have stopped the problem.

This is one reason I like IP cams, I have yet to fight with ground loop problems when using them.

(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions