Subscriber Discussion

Are You Better At Your Employees Job Than They Are?

U
Undisclosed #1
Dec 15, 2015
IPVMU Certified

and:

Is your boss better than you at yours?

Ari Erenthal
Dec 15, 2015
Chesapeake & Midlantic

Yes and maybe.

(1)
keith maxwell
Dec 15, 2015
Northeast Remote Surveillance and alarm, LLC

LOL, Thinking of starting your own company? Be ready to work 16 hr days. Set up a marketing plan to keep at least your self busy....... Be ready to not take a pay check until you can get some sub par jobs rolling and build a name for yourself. Work your ass off. Hopefully your pretty good at sales. Work your ass off some more. Then you can decide who knows what.

(3)
(1)
U
Undisclosed #1
Dec 15, 2015
IPVMU Certified

...Then you can decide who knows what.

I never had a marketing plan I admit, but I then again I never really had a plan of any kind.

Taking a paycheck was not the problem, cashing it was.

Went ten years without a vacation because I just couldn't get around to it.

Was mediocre or worse at cold sales, but I could upsell like no tomorrow.

Only wanted to be the boss so that no one could tell me what to do, not so I could tell them what to do.

:)

(2)
keith maxwell
Dec 16, 2015
Funny UD1. I ended up in business because no one would hire me on straight commission sales in this industry. I setup appointments to meet with the security company owners and everything. Good thing I started off with a technical degree. Today I would thank every last one of them. If have been a thorn in anyone of their sides too bad!! expect more, bigger ones. It hasn't been easy. Today I have more business than I could possibly ask for. No time for vacation since 2008.
keith maxwell
Dec 16, 2015
Funny UD1. I ended up in business because no one would hire me on straight commission sales in this industry. I setup appointments to meet with the security company owners and everything. Good thing I started off with a technical degree. Today I would thank every last one of them. If have been a thorn in anyone of their sides too bad!! expect more, bigger ones. It hasn't been easy. Today I have more business than I could possibly ask for. No time for vacation since 2008. I'm not good at the tell me what to do stuff either ask my fiance'.
U
Undisclosed #1
Dec 16, 2015
IPVMU Certified

You're not from Scranton by any chance? ;)

keith maxwell
Dec 16, 2015
Close; South 60 miles
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions