Subscriber Discussion

Looking For Remote Monitoring Providers?

OW
Offie Wiseman
Jan 16, 2014

I have a few clients interested in 24/7 video monitoring. Any ideas??

JH
John Honovich
Jan 16, 2014
IPVM

VSaaS typically refers to companies recording video in the cloud and providing remote access so they can look / monitor themselves (e.g., Dropcam).

Do you want that or some third party to have operators that watch video for you 24/7 and respond to events?

OW
Offie Wiseman
Jan 17, 2014

We would like to have the operators watching the video LIVE 24/7

Nathan Wheeler
Jan 17, 2014

Offie,

What you're looking for would actually be more likely referred to as Remote Monitoring. There are a great many security companies that offer this service. Many of them have affiliate or partner programs with installer/service companies. I'm sure some folks on here can point you the way though the title is a bit misleading as VSaaS/Cloud is usually a Do-It-Yourself kind of thing as John mentioned above. Either that or it's just a component of what the above type remote monitoring services above use/offer.

Regards,

Nate

Brian Rhodes
Jan 17, 2014
IPVMU Certified

Hello Offie:

What type of alarm responses are you looking for? It is for site perimeter intrusion? Would all cameras need to be monitored or a few at the various sites?

MR
Mike Ridgley
Jan 17, 2014

There are two services that come to mind.

CentralizedVision - Centralized Vision

ViewPoint - Business Security Solutions from Viewpoint Monitoring

I've worked with both and prefer CV.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions