Subscriber Discussion

Are There Any Monitoring Companies That Work With Dahua NVR/DVR's?

JH
Jay Hobdy
Jun 17, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Are there any video monitoring companies that can access Dahua recorders/cameras without much hassle?

Most of our clients have Dahua systems.

I assume most can integrate with Milestone?

RS
Robert Shih
Jun 21, 2017
Independent

Actually, this is a particular topic of interest that has come up a couple of times already. Considering their market share, it's surprising this isn't more widespread.

Brian Karas
Jun 21, 2017
IPVM

You would probably want to look for monitoring companies that support the iViewNow platform, which acts as a connector between various recorders and central station software.

You can look through our Remote Video Monitoring Directory for central stations supporting video, most of the video verification ones should support iViewNow, which should get you Dahua recorder support.

If you'd like an intro to people at iViewNow, let me know and I can arrange that.

Armando Perez
Jun 26, 2017
Hoosier Security and Security Owners Group • IPVMU Certified

iview now does not directly support dahua recorders. They do work with the Honeywell OEM dahua recorders though if you want to go that route.

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #1
Jun 21, 2017

Btw, do you guys see video monitoring , or video verification picking up steam?    

Our NVRs were integrated with Iviewnow for a while.  Market demand for such feature, however has been on the weak side to say the least. 

U
Undisclosed #2
Jun 22, 2017

I strongly believe that video verification is the future, at least in the US. It's only a matter of time till police departments get fed up with false alarms and either refuse to respond to an alarm or only respond if the alarm has been verified. 

Did you hear the one about the guy who got fined more than $20,000 for sending 43 false alarms in four months? Guy bought a house with a janky alarm in order to rehab and flip. He claims he didn't even know the alarms was going to the police. Oops. 

(1)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #3
Jun 22, 2017

No, the business model is broken currently.  Do not expect much and you will not be disappointed.

Source: I worked at a desperately failing remote monitoring company for two years.

Peter Ocasek
Jun 26, 2017

What's the reason you believe the business model is broken? For who and why?

Thanks.

David Delepine
Jun 26, 2017
Brivo • IPVMU Certified

At ISC West this year the Iviewnow reps said integration with name brand Dahua recorders was in the works. They currently support Honeywell, which is a Dahua oem, so shouldn't be too long hopefully.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions