Apply Now - $600,000 Job Opening

JH
John Honovich
Jul 21, 2015
IPVM

Yes, you may be the next ASIS CEO. Please submit applications, nominations and inquiries to: ASIS@spencerstuart.com

I am going to be nominating the ONVIF Chairman...

If you win, you get a $600,000 job, though who knows what they will pay the new person.

The good bad news is that security experience is not even in the top 5 criteria of being ASIS CEO.

Here is the ASIS CEO Job description.

(1)
U
Undisclosed #1
Jul 21, 2015

Can I use you as a reference?

(3)
JH
John Honovich
Jul 21, 2015
IPVM

Only if you want to be immediately disqualified...

(2)
(7)
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #2
Jul 23, 2015

Your line about security industry experience not making the top five critera didn't go far enough. The sixth bullet where it is finally mentioned is a real treat.

Knowledge of/experience in the security industry, a plus.

I love that they don't really view it as mandatory so long as you're really good at reporting to boards of directors, flow charts, buzzword salad tossing, and coming up with new ideas for bilking the membership of more dollars that make us all seem innovative and "with it" as a trade organization.

(1)
U
Undisclosed #3
Jul 23, 2015
IPVMU Certified

...coming up with new ideas for bilking the membership of more dollars...

They may be opening the search up to outsiders because they are looking for some fresh new faces, that may have some fresh, new ideas on bilking.

(2)
JH
John Honovich
Jul 23, 2015
IPVM

Yes, it's totally bizarre, though, unfortunately, not surprising.

So you are going to be the CEO of the largest organization of security managers but know nothing about security management. Genius, just genius.

And then pay them 600% more than the average security manager. Quite a recipe for success.

Luis Carmona
Jul 23, 2015
Geutebruck USA • IPVMU Certified

I learned one important thing from the job description: "s/he" is a shorter way of saying "he or she". I think I will start using that.

Meghan Uhl
Jul 27, 2015

and it put the "she" first and I say its about time! :)

Lynn Harold
Jul 26, 2015

Does ASIS really drive policy, influence trends, motivate manufacturers to develop new technologies, anything other than collecting membership dues? Maybe the "A" is ASIS means "Amway"?

U
Undisclosed #3
Jul 26, 2015
IPVMU Certified

AS-IS

(1)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #4
Jul 27, 2015

Is this the start of the IPVM job board? :)

(2)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions