Anyone Using The Pelco Spectra HD?

JH
John Honovich
Jan 21, 2013
IPVM

A member is asking for feedback. Anyone deployed the Pelco Spectra HD? In particular, the new 1080p model? Are you happy? sad? etc.

TC
Tim Cook
Jan 28, 2013
IPVMU Certified

I just received one today out of a total of six ordered. I connected it to an exacqvision server (client ver. 5.2) and it immediately disconnected indicating video loss. On Exacq's website it lists known problems with Pelco firmware version 1.8.3.8 and client version 5.2. Exacq recommends version 4.9 which is an older one.

Are you having issues? Video loss or another problem?

Brian Karas
Jan 28, 2013
Pelican Zero

One of my dealers installs a fair number of them and says they are quite nice. I don't have much first-hand experience, but from what I've seen of their web UI and playing with a couple of installed cams they seem pretty decent.

MB
Matt Bader
Jan 29, 2013

Same issue here but with the older version S5118. Was working fine, upgraded to 5.2 and it stopped working. Second time this has happened to me, last time it was Sentry360/Exacq. Sticky situation when you upgrade someone and cameras stop working. I haven't used the new Spectra HD yet but I have them specified in an upcoming Pelco/Exacq job. May have to make a change.

U
Undisclosed
Jan 29, 2013

Sorry for the inconvenience. I am a Sales Engineer over at Exacq, and I can help you out with your Pelco issues.

If you guys want to contact Exacq tech support, they have a software version that will temporarily fix the issue. In June of 2012 Exacq released version 4.11, which added support for a new feature of Pelco firmware 1.8, RTP over TCP. Part of TCP’s guaranteed delivery protocol includes the ability of the receiver to tell the sender to pause transmitting packets. Through a collaborative effort of Pelco and Exacq, we were able to determine situations in which firmware 1.8 did not send the proper pause response, which would stall the connection. Pelco has stated they are fixing the issue, but did not have a firm time line on when that would be available. So Exacq is making a short term fix which can be found in a dev release. You can get access to that dev release by calling tech support. We want to make sure we have track of everyone that has this dev release so when the fix comes out, we can notify everyone using this temporary fix and get them up to the full released version.

SP
Sean Patton
Jan 30, 2013

I've messed around with a few demo units, the picture is definitely nice, but theyre pretty costly, and I absolutely loathe Pelco's WebUI (admittedly this is probably more of a personal preference than it being that bad)...

U
Undisclosed
Feb 02, 2013

Sean --

I would appreciate to get your contact information to initiate a dialog with my Product Management team on the Web UI. Can you please contact me at Dave.Dalleske@schneider-electric.com?

RT
Ryan Twitchell
Feb 02, 2013

We are using quite a few of the 1 MP D5118 model. Overall they work well but are quite laggy in their PTZ response, and the zoom is incredebly slow compared to older Spectra models.

TC
Tim Cook
Feb 04, 2013
IPVMU Certified

Exacq came up with a solution (temporarily) to the video loss issue with the Pelco 1080p - We installed a previous version of client software(4.9) and the camera worked fine, no video loss.

Our next issue is to get the dual streaming working (which our client wants). Currently Exacq's 5.2 version does not support this cameras 2nd stream.

We are installing them in the next several weeks, dual streaming aside, I will let you know of any other issues.

RT
Ryan Twitchell
Feb 05, 2013

I'm not too happy with the multistreaming on any of Pelco's Sarix cameras. The choices for the second stream are very limited and dependent on the settings for the primary stream.

SP
Sean Patton
Feb 05, 2013

I agree with Ryan on that as well, I have had a heck of a time A) getting the second stream to work consistently with Genetec or ONSSI, or B) been handcuffed by the setting options of the camera. Also I have seen multiple situations where if more than 3-4 users are trying to view the same Sarix camera at the same time, it just reboots itself. Good luck Tim!

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions