Subscriber Discussion

Anyone Using Controlware Cware?

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Feb 05, 2013

I want to know your feedback about this vms system.

JH
John Honovich
Feb 05, 2013
IPVM

I've only had bad experiences interacting with Controlware. I could never get a straight answer on their VMS but other industry people said that they were OEMing another VMS (years ago, people said Genetec). I am not sure what they are doing now.

They don't seem to be a serious player overall in surveillance. They used to spam market constantly (we owe the spam filled LinkedIn CCTV group to them) but they've been quiet for more than a year. That's all I know!

UI
Aug 04, 2013
UI
Feb 06, 2013

They look like have quite big installations. But in the past.

JH
John Honovich
Aug 05, 2013
IPVM

Yep, that's it.

Their website 'newest' news is from 2011. Their twitter feed hasn't been updated in more than a year. Their LinkedIn profile says they are a systems integrator.

I don't know what else to say. I assume they are still doing things in Germany....

UD
Undisclosed Distributor #2
Aug 05, 2013

They used to private label VCS gear before VCS was acquired by Bosch. After the acquisition not much has been heard from them in the US market.

UI
Aug 09, 2013

thanks to both

JH
John Honovich
Aug 26, 2015
IPVM

Bump, someone in Australia asked about them. Anyone with any experiences or info now?

UI
Sep 07, 2015

Didn't they move to Genetec?

JH
John Honovich
Sep 07, 2015
IPVM

What do you mean by 'move'? From what I have been told, I do not believe they are OEMing Genetec now.

Larry Waite
Sep 17, 2015

I used Cware for many years (2008- 2014 ?) in a large local government CCTV facility.Nice, tidy, easy to use and quite robust.

(1)
UI
Sep 18, 2015
Hi, did you have the chance to add any license the last years?
Larry Waite
Sep 21, 2015

Camera licences? Yes we did.

UI
Sep 21, 2015

Thanks Larry, I thought they wasn't giving any support on this product. Is your installation big? does this system works stable?

HC
Hernan Carzalo
Sep 22, 2015
IPVMU Certified

Hi,

do you have any commercial contact for buy the software?

thanks

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions