Subscriber Discussion

Anyone Use USPS For Mail Or Packages?

Jon Dillabaugh
Mar 13, 2017
Pro Focus LLC

Just wondering if any of the people who detest the Chinese government ownership in Hikvision also dislike the US government ownership of our mail system? Do you trust the mail system to read your sensitive materials? Are they adding backdoors to all of your packages? Stealing your bank account info and PIN codes?

Before you say we can trust the US gov, I will point out the recent Wikileaks dump showing the reach of the CIA into US citizen private data. Hacking our webcams, phone cams, etc?

Do you trust the USPS not to add backdoors to other products as a proxy for the CIA?

(2)
(1)
(5)
(2)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Mar 13, 2017

No to all of the above, but I also don't sell USPS products to unsuspecting customers.

(4)
(5)
SC
Scott Clingan
Mar 13, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Ah,tricked me.  I thought it was going to be a question about USPS vs FedEx vs UPS not some stretch argument about HIKVison, China and the US. 

(Our preferred shipping order is FedEx, USPS and UPS so yes we use USPS.  If I want a package somewhere on time and effectively tracked we use FedEx.  USPS is great for less critical items and deliveries.  UPS has burned us on a few occasions on important deliveries so they are last.) 

(1)
(2)
Jon Dillabaugh
Mar 13, 2017
Pro Focus LLC

It is all a regional thing with FedEx vs UPS. Here in my area the FedEx hubs are terrible and the UPS hub is spot on. I know that isn't the case everywhere, but here in NW Ohio, I lament every single FedEx package I receive. I never know when they will be delivered. With UPS, it's clockwork. My driver is almost always here within a 30 min window around 2:30pm.

Joseph Parker
Mar 13, 2017

Locally we've had 2 arrest in the last few years for carriers dumping mail in dumpsters, so no, not so much.

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #2
Mar 14, 2017

If I don't care at all, I use USPS.  If it matters, I use FedEx. 

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions